Lil' Indian 7000 New Member

Wealth of information on this site, thanks for that. I got my mini from my late uncle about 10 years ago and it's been through a barrage of repairs, changes, and torture. The only questions I have so far are: how do I know which series of Comet clutch is on this thing? it's worn through and about to grenade. Where can I get a quality twist throttle? The generic ones I see on ebay I've seen broken too often on other peoples bikes. And from reading this site, it looks like brake parts on these things are hard to come by, but does anyone know IF or WHERE I can get a rebuild kit for the front caliper? I've got most of the hardware, but the pads and some other small pieces are gone.

And how it is now with it's old, oil-burning Tecumseh and close-to-Original Paint scheme. I clocked it the other day with GPS at 25MPH!

I considered going with a Predator based on all the hype of them around the forum here but it seems sacrilegious. I guess it's not that big of a deal because she's not exactly original or a show bike in any way. Smelling like I huffed motor-oil when I'm done riding is kindof a PITA as well

IMO a Predator makes for a great riding reliable mini ! Especially if you're not going to do a complete correct restore , this is a Pinto I did for the build off with a Predator

what are my chances of the mounting holes lining up? or will there be drilling to the bike frame? And should I convert to a centrifugal clutch while I'm swapping or keep with the Comet and jackshaft?:shrug: