Lil' Indian Minibike

I know it is Lil' Indian and I don't care what it is worth (I paid $30) this morning, ha.

I was hoping someone here could give me an approximate year or model so I could find a brake that will work. My nine year old is pretty excited but Mom will not let him on it till I find a brake..

The front fork is sprung singly in the center and the rear is a hard tail. I show a close up of the brake bracket and wire guide on the frame and hope it helps.

Any assistance you can give is greatly appreciated.

As I continue to build this up i hope to show more pictures...

Hello Brycesdad : Nice find and one smart Wife and protective Mother. I don't know how hard the disc brake caliper that they used is to find. But some of the Lil' Indian bikes used a band brake around the clutch. I will put up a picture of one for you. I know they are still available new, not real cheap but the kit does work.
Steve :scooter:

Thank you

Well we are rolling, thanks Steve, any link to that bracket and band kit I would appreciate!

I did get a good deal on it but the carb is not working it starts runs for a second and that is all she wrote.. Took it apart and cleaned her up and still does not like to keep running.. So once I am done fixing it you may be laughing at me instead..

Any good ideas out there for replacement carbs for the I think, 2.5 horse tecumseh's?

Well we are rolling, thanks Steve, any link to that bracket and band kit I would appreciate!

I did get a good deal on it but the carb is not working it starts runs for a second and that is all she wrote.. Took it apart and cleaned her up and still does not like to keep running.. So once I am done fixing it you may be laughing at me instead..

Any good ideas out there for replacement carbs for the I think, 2.5 horse tecumseh's?
Brandt at Rupp Pats has rebuild kits for your carb for about 12-15 bucks. he also has carbs for 75.00, though they might be slightly different but work fine. Choke lever and inlet. Choke lever can be swapped. Hope this helps. Search eBay, most everything is available for your engine. check the housing for a plate and get all the numbers off of it. Give them to Brandt so he can give you the right kit. That is assuming the housing is original.

Wow, thanks !!

Great information nice point to an easier fix.

I will get my numbers in order and start some shopping.

We are really looking forward to getting this going. He has a 50cc suzuki 4 wheeler that he is getting too big for so his 7 yo sister is getting that he very solemnly gave that to her on the car ride home with the Lil' Indian in the back of the truck.

In other words I better get this going or we will have a 4 wheeler mini-bike war on our hands...::angry::angry:

Hey, korndog, nice bikini..

Seriously what or better yet where (and I should have asked this before) is Rupp parts? Is this an ebay store? I only ask as google just brings back actual RUPP snowmobile manufactured items?

Sorry, found it thanks again

Last edited:
Brycesdad : For the clutch band brake kit check out Allied Leisure Corp. the show them for $60.00 that may be the ticket. Or they may have the caliper for the sprocket disc set-up.
Steve :scooter: