Lil indian question

if this isn't in the correct area feel free to delete it ..

my question is on what I call first series old style whatever lil indian frame with the foot rest behind the frame tubes ..is the motor plate the same as the frames with foot rest in front of frame down tubes ..flat with 4 slotted holes ..

I was looking at magazine pic it looks like maybe its got a half to three quarters on an inch or so brake in it on each side to raise it off frame rails ..

need to replace one and kinda would like it somewhat correct ...

thanks OldMiniBikes ..

no sir I believe one of mine to be a 1967 model 400 .. and the one im scratch building is going to be the older style with a Clinton a490 I think by looks of pictures the older model has foot rest behind main frame down tubes the forks and handle bars appear to have different length and bend. also the fork stem looks like solid tube with no spring and a little more rake ..???

40 yrs ago I did have a very nice purple sabre with 5hp briggs two speed with a nice long chrome pipe ran all way to back .sounded nice and shifted well until one way bearing pooped out . only thing I have left is both the wheels and tires ..

hi ., sorry to confuse you ..I only need to know what it looks like if its a flat plate with 4 slotted holes like my 1967 model 400 or if its got two lips about half to three quarters bent on each side to raise it off frame rails a little ..

im mostly a vintage karter I make everything myself.. frames ., engine mounts .,forks and whatever else .. do my own motors 2 and 4 stroke paint work and seats I just made this seat for a lil indian I had since I was 5 ..I realize its not correct but it goes on my personal mini bike ... lol

thank you ., and once again sorry to confuse you ..I need to know what the motor mount looks like on the first ever lil indian mini bikes ..I think ..!!! they only came with 2 strokes ..looks like the main frame is the same except the foot rest bar is behind the frame rails instead of in front the forks are bent different and it looks like fork stem is longer and one piece with no spring and more rake ..they only got two levers one lever for band brake and other is for throttle no twist grip ..and a square seat ..

tyleryamaha

Early frame Lil indian

if this isn't in the correct area feel free to delete it ..

my question is on what I call first series old style whatever lil indian frame with the foot rest behind the frame tubes ..is the motor plate the same as the frames with foot rest in front of frame down tubes ..flat with 4 slotted holes ..

I was looking at magazine pic it looks like maybe its got a half to three quarters on an inch or so brake in it on each side to raise it off frame rails ..

need to replace one and kinda would like it somewhat correct ...

thanks OldMiniBikes ..
Pm me your phone number and I can send you pictures I have bike number 318