lol, how do you remove a minibike tire from the rim?

Post a picture or 2 of the style rim you have..
I found if the rim is two halfs screwed together let the air out of the tire squirt some PB or other penetrating lub on the bolts this helps to loosen years of rust from them and will help to prevent them from snaping. Once the bolts are removed reinflate the tire squirt PB around the area where the tire and rim attach. Use tire irons which you can find on ebay for next to nothing I also use a large flat screw driver to aid in removing the tire from the rim be carefull not to damage the tires side wall with the screw driver though.
I'm sure there are some other suggestions on how to remove a tire from its rim.
Good Luck

Neck

Growing up is optional
Take the thing to your local tire shop and have them use their machine to pop the beads loose, they get really stuck some times! Probably wont cost too much.

I think everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head...All of those responses are spot on! It can be a real pain to get a tire loose on these old minis! What an awesome site to have so much knowledge for just about any mini bike topic!! :pimp:

i would get a valve tool of some kind . i have the caps that have the valve tool built on .as for the tire if its split rim will it come out after the bolts are out ? if not i would put the bolts back in and set the rim on the ground and step on the tire put your weight in the rubber not the rim .then put some kind of lube on the bead , dish soap works great, wd 40 , the cheap lubricant stuff from wally mart. if you cant get it to pop off the rim do you have a bench vise ?if so take your rim and put it in the vise now be careful work slow and look for you can crush things .put the jaws of the vice on the rubber near the bead . make sure you dont have the metal of the rim in the jaws slowly tighten the jaws up watch the tire it may or may not move if you get it to move a little spray in your soap or oil of choice . now loosen it and turn the tire a little bit and re tighten the vice and more lube repeat this all around the tire. now watch that you dont try for too much at one time you can wreck a rim . just a little at a time and keep trying for a little more each time .i have changed car tires on a metro using a vice . but sometimes the bead will not pop you will have to cut the side wall of the tire and then cut the rubber off the rim . if it looks like your going to bend something then stop .

its a 2 piece rim right off of your cat? well if they have sat for a while there a b*tch to get off i just cut mine and get new ones but in your case if your rims isnot bad(rotted) that is a good thing undo all the bolts on you rim DEFLATE THE TIRE FIRST the after all your bolts are out air the tire back up and you will hear a POP and i broke loose and if that dosent work let the air out spray WD-40 on the bead let it sit for a while and repeat the same process until it is off (i wouldnt recommend doing this but it does work)

you need to have the valve core removed almost for sure especially if its a 1 piece wheel. I find that working my way around the bead with a big screwdriver works well on even very rusted beads. sometimes it just takes a bit longer

Post a picture or 2 of the style rim you have..
I found if the rim is two halfs screwed together let the air out of the tire squirt some PB or other penetrating lub on the bolts this helps to loosen years of rust from them and will help to prevent them from snaping. Once the bolts are removed reinflate the tire squirt PB around the area where the tire and rim attach. Use tire irons which you can find on ebay for next to nothing I also use a large flat screw driver to aid in removing the tire from the rim be carefull not to damage the tires side wall with the screw driver though.
I'm sure there are some other suggestions on how to remove a tire from its rim.
Good Luck
i only need to get the front wheel off now

i would get a valve tool of some kind . i have the caps that have the valve tool built on .as for the tire if its split rim will it come out after the bolts are out ? if not i would put the bolts back in and set the rim on the ground and step on the tire put your weight in the rubber not the rim .then put some kind of lube on the bead , dish soap works great, wd 40 , the cheap lubricant stuff from wally mart. if you cant get it to pop off the rim do you have a bench vise ?if so take your rim and put it in the vise now be careful work slow and look for you can crush things .put the jaws of the vice on the rubber near the bead . make sure you dont have the metal of the rim in the jaws slowly tighten the jaws up watch the tire it may or may not move if you get it to move a little spray in your soap or oil of choice . now loosen it and turn the tire a little bit and re tighten the vice and more lube repeat this all around the tire. now watch that you dont try for too much at one time you can wreck a rim . just a little at a time and keep trying for a little more each time .i have changed car tires on a metro using a vice . but sometimes the bead will not pop you will have to cut the side wall of the tire and then cut the rubber off the rim . if it looks like your going to bend something then stop .
thx for all your help but i tried it and the damn thing wont move!!! the vice just slips farther down!!! ill just bring it to the gas station and have him take off the wheel!!! they have a little tire fixing place and my dad knows him!!! :xomunch:

thx for all your help but i tried it and the damn thing wont move!!! the vice just slips farther down!!! ill just bring it to the gas station and have him take off the wheel!!! they have a little tire fixing place and my dad knows him!!! :xomunch:
your welcome . sometime you just cant do it and have to go to the guy who has the better tools . better luck next time .