Long Lost '70 Rupp Enduro Comes Home!

delray

thats cool , you brought life back into that bike..........:thumbsup:
now we will see it next year at windber.........:shrug:

Last edited:

buckeye

Windber is a annual mini bike reunion in Windber Pa.
Some folks are luckey enough to have attended. Then there's me.:laugh:

jrzmac

I'm thinking of 3/4" conduit for the pipe and "I dunno yet" for the muffler. It will exit out the back though. I'll post picks when completed.

Dave Rigotti
I have the same type of engine. check out what "metal man" made for me! works great....

Also, how's that carb adapter working out for ya? I bought the same thing a few years ago myself! Hamlin57 I think, right???

jrzmac

dude, take it from experience, and get yourself an on-off fuel petcock! it'll be the best $12.00 you ever spent, believe me! Any time you need to work on the carb, which will probly be a lot, you're gonna need to shut off the fuel. right now, if your needle get's stuck or the float gets jammed or something, you have no way to stop the fuel from pouring out all over the place!!! #10322 FUEL PETCOCK even an in-line type will work fine! Briggs & Stratton 494768 1/4" Fuel Shut Off Valve . also, a fuel filter wouldn't be a bad idea. 1/4" Clear Fuel Filter you wouldn't believe the crap that can get into a carb. and all it takes is a little speck of dirt or something to get into one of those tiny holes, and it's carb cleaning time!

dude, take it from experience, and get yourself an on-off fuel petcock! it'll be the best $12.00 you ever spent, believe me! Any time you need to work on the carb, which will probly be a lot, you're gonna need to shut off the fuel. right now, if your needle get's stuck or the float gets jammed or something, you have no way to stop the fuel from pouring out all over the place!!! #10322 FUEL PETCOCK even an in-line type will work fine! Briggs & Stratton 494768 1/4" Fuel Shut Off Valve . also, a fuel filter wouldn't be a bad idea. 1/4" Clear Fuel Filter you wouldn't believe the crap that can get into a carb. and all it takes is a little speck of dirt or something to get into one of those tiny holes, and it's carb cleaning time!
Already done. These pics were from a week ago. New carb and petcock installed. Thanks!

Fabbed up an exhaust pipe today. Similar to metalman's version, except mine does not stick out so far and passes on the right side of the downtube. I'll post rough pics this evening if I get the chance. I'll have the flange welded up this week.
Carb adapter is from Dean. Worked OK.

Dave Rigotti

Here's some pics on the roughed in exhaust pipe. Still undecided on the muffler. Also a shot of the gas tank valve. A close up of the new carb showning the "Hamlin" wedge. He also provided the air cleaner stuff. Altho I added 2 pcs of 5/16" steel brake line between the caps so I could tighten the long bolts that pinch the filter element without crushing the element itself.

Dave Rigotti

Dave, Great story and very, very nice work. I like all the little touches you took the time and trouble to incorporate. What's the meaning of the number 7G8 ? :thumbsup:

Dave, Great story and very, very nice work. I like all the little touches you took the time and trouble to incorporate. What's the meaning of the number 7G8 ? :thumbsup:
"7G8" is the local airport identifier. Geauga County Airport. I keep my Cessna 150 there and now the Rupp. We use the Rupp as a "courtsey ride". It is great for doing an errand to the far end of the runway, etc. Heck! Its just fun to ride around the property on!

Dave Rigotti

We have an update. Son David and his girl friend Kim came to visit for the Christmas Holiday. We went out to the airport to show him the restored Rupp. He took a ride in 25 degree weather for the first time in 12 years or so! This story has a happy ending!
Dave Rigotti

Jamie1972

You are my Hero!!!!!!:bowdown: I am a new daddy with a little boy with the same intentions that you did for yours.....My son will have the oppertunity to enjoy a Rupp mini and hopefully one day when he's grown up i can bring that old Rupp out like you did and have nothing but Father/Son smiles from ear to ear!!
BRAVO TO YOU SIR!! :clap::clap: YOU ROCK! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You are my Hero!!!!!!:bowdown: I am a new daddy with a little boy with the same intentions that you did for yours.....My son will have the oppertunity to enjoy a Rupp mini and hopefully one day when he's grown up i can bring that old Rupp out like you did and have nothing but Father/Son smiles from ear to ear!!
BRAVO TO YOU SIR!! :clap::clap: YOU ROCK! :thumbsup:
Shucks! The look on David's face made it all worth it. Methinks someday HIS son will be a "Rupp Rider" too!

Dave Rigotti