Looking for identification

I picked up this little bike a couple of weeks ago but I am having trouble finding out much about it. I have included a picture to help figure out the maker. The bike says Thunderbird on a front plaq(I think). The engine is a Tecumseh. The wheels are steel rod spokes. If you know the maker or any history about this little guy it would be much appreciated. Also if you happen to know of any pictures of others that would be nice also. Thanks in advance, Chris.

If you need any other pictures to help identify this bike please let me know and I will take them and post them.

Black and gold is a Nighthawk. Came out in 1981. Has an HS50 engine, Thunderbird had an HS40. See brochure in photos section.

Last edited:

gbones

i just went buy what hobbieguy said, and it looked like a bird nighthawk to me. so ya, i guess i should get taged for the correct answer rite:shrug:, but i did learn all my mini bike knowledge from here so maybe every1 that spoke up on this thread should get taged, its only fair rite:shrug:

Mine appears to be a Thunderbird with a NightHawk gas tank. Only judging by the colors of the two machines. Were there a lot of these machine produced? Are parts hard to come by? Thanks, Chris.