Magic Rider

I just picked up a "Magic Rider" mini bike. It has an A inside what appears to be the outline of the lower 48. It has the original Tecumseh H35, Id H35 45355 H Seriel 11838, not asking for engine ID here as I posted it in the Engine section, just thought that would help with the year. I cant find anything as to where or who manufactured it etc. It has a what appears to be a cyclone? cv drive to a jack shaft to the rear wheel.It has Carlisle double indian head tires. I got it from the original purchaser that bought it for their child and cant remember all the details, and seems to contradict some lol I will try to get pics up as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Lewis

CarPlayLB

There are some smart people here that might need a picture to identify. Post up a pic and someone will chime in ...I am not smart!

buckeye

Where in the members gallery did you put them?

It's a ARCO....maybe, with the big A.

Could be a Allis, that starts,with A..

Could be a Alexander Reynolds, A again..

Good luck with the pics.

markus

thunder, take a close up of just the "A" over the US outline logo, maybe load it up on its own and then try google searching for similar images or just post it up. MTD allowed many stores to resell their bikes as their own, the current photo is too small to pull a better image of the logo from, the logo does not ring a bell for me, but the bike a 1971 and I am a 1973 so the store that sold it may have gone out with the mini bike craze in the early 70's! just a photo of that little logo not any part of the Magic rider better shot of google search engines being able to find a similar match

Neat find, The bike itself is very common, but that decaling/badging is not.

Last edited:
I thought it was a bit unusual and could find nothing about the magic rider badging. I will get better pictures and post them up when I have an assistant as I still cant get down an easy way to post pictures on this forum. I do know that the person I got it from had it since new, it was his daughters and he was a rupp/chapparell dealer for a few years but he wasn't sure exactly where or how he acquired it, and wasn't sure if he was a dealer when he got it. He had put marvel mystery in the engine and it is free. I think I will just clean it up, do the carb, hoses, new tubes in the tires and enjoy its age. Thanks for the response