magneto #'s

gbones

i just took my 3hp apart and found that the condensor came loose and got crushed, :censure:the wires are pretty bad too, (bare wires) so i was thinking about replacing the whole thing (magneto). i have 3 of them but all are kind of shabby looking. or should i just replace the condensor and dont worry about the shabby wires? i called my local mower shop and they said theres a number on the magneto but the only number i can see is the number on the cover 30550. any help on a part number or info on the magneto is appreciated.

bandit 40

Im not sure of the number your referring to ,but maybe you could check into a solid state coil ,that way you would not have to worry about the points and condenser , and they run much smoother with them.:thumbsup: just a thought.....

gbones

so i guess ill just get a new condensor, since its a little bent. the fins also got a lil bent, will this be a problem?

Last edited:

bandit 40

so that will replace this
Yeah like lawn-boy biker said them are different coils ,if your gonna replace the points and condenser with new ,that's good or ,like I was saying before you can get a solid state coil that does not need the points and condenser , and you can just leave the old points in there,and hook a kill switch to the tab on the back side of the new coil, I have done this to alot of my minis, but is not necessary ,the points and condenser are still good to use ,I just prefer solid state:thumbsup: