Mikuni 22mm vs arc .625 carb

Davis

I have a mild built predator hemi and it seems the stock carb can't flow enuf to get it to its full potential.

I vote clone carb versus the Mikuni for ease of installation. The mikuni requires a different intake and throttle cable for installation. No doubt the Mikuni flows more air/fuel, but the clone carb will be a bolt on deal in your case. Not sure your engine specifics but plenty of guys on here that could help you better with jetting than myself.

Last edited:

Davis

It's a mild built motor just billet rod and flywheel 275 cam #26 springs no governor open air cleaner and stage one pipe 38 main jet with stock head and valves.

I have the 275 welded lobe clone cam from OldMiniBikes.
Looks like a pretty decent cam, and 275 Lift always gets thrown around for max lift on a hemi head motor, never had a hemi head, just a hemi bottom end. I would say the .650 bored carb would be a great choice for your motor. You can buy larger ones that flow more, but you will pay for them.

Davis

Looks like a pretty decent cam, and 275 Lift always gets thrown around for max lift on a hemi head motor, never had a hemi head, just a hemi bottom end. I would say the .650 bored carb would be a great choice for your motor. You can buy larger ones that flow more, but you will pay for them.
I think you may be right as I live at around 7000ft elevation so the air up here ain't that great. What does this carb do for bottom end power?

I think you may be right as I live at around 7000ft elevation so the air up here ain't that great. What does this carb do for bottom end power?
It pulls all through the rpm range pretty strong. More so on the low end. I'm geared 6:1. Your cam has more lift and duration so it will help you just the same. I thought your cam showed 108LSA so it is focused on mid range, you can always gain more low end with gearing if needed.

Davis

It pulls all through the rpm range pretty strong. More so on the low end. I'm geared 6:1. Your cam has more lift and duration so it will help you just the same. I thought your cam showed 108LSA so it is focused on mid range, you can always gain more low end with gearing if needed.
Does this carb have a choke I can't see it in the pic and it doesn't say anything about it in the description.

Davis

Yes this carb does have a choke. I can get you a picture of mine if you need it.
I kinda wonder if I have other problems beyond just carb because according to the jackshaft and gearing mph chart I'm only gettin between
6100-6300 rpm outta it now do you think in just changing the carb it will do closer to 7000rpm?

I kinda wonder if I have other problems beyond just carb because according to the jackshaft and gearing mph chart I'm only gettin between
6100-6300 rpm outta it now do you think in just changing the carb it will do closer to 7000rpm?
More Air,more fuel, more power. I don't see why not. Which gearing calculator are you using?

Davis

Which calculator, I assume the MPH calculator? The ones I saw allow you to manipulate the engine RPM unless you know your top speed and doing backwards math to determine engine RPM. Do you have a tach?
No tach going off of gearing and mph.

No tach going off of gearing and mph.
What is your gearing? Jackshaft? I have a calculator i found on here that I want to verify your numbers with.
I need:
Clutch gear teeth count:
Jackshaft in teeth count
Jackshaft out teeth count
Axle sprocket number of teeth.
Wheel diameter.

I will see if your RPM and mine match. Isnt your cam a 7000 RPM max cam?

Last edited:

Davis

What is your gearing? Jackshaft? I have a calculator i found on here that I want to verify your numbers with.
I need:
Clutch gear teeth count:
Jackshaft in teeth count
Jackshaft out teeth count
Axle sprocket number of teeth.
Wheel diameter.

I will see if your RPM and mine match. Isnt your cam a 7000 RPM max cam?
12t clutch 13t jackshaft input 12t jackshaft output 60t final and the tires are general 5.30/4.50/6

Please see the below image. It shows your final gearing at 5.4:1 and max speed of 50 MPH with a 15" rear tire @ 6100 RPM's. I forgot to ask what your max speed is you were running? Once you give me that, I will change the RPM until i get to your speed.

Last edited: