Mikuni Carb question

After doing some reading on Mikuni carbs, I opted to purchase a real one vs clone.
Most articles talk about easy throttle cable install and lack of linkage.
None discuss the governor.

Someone please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Not really as there is no way to connect the linkage ! Billet rod and flywheel , might as well put a cam while ya got her opened up and yea some heavy springs too , one upgrade leads to a few more , did you order and adapter too for the carb ? It's well worth doing it all !!

Last edited:
Not really as there is no way to connect the linkage ! Billet rod and flywheel , might as well put a cam while ya got her opened up and yea some heavy springs too , one upgrade leads to a few more , did you order and adapter too for the carb ? It's well worth doing it all !!
Thanks Chipper.
Yeah, sent for the adapter and an air cleaner as well. I guess this all goes to show that I've been bit by the bug.
I'm not really looking for any more speed. I'm more interested in a few more HP. But you're probably right about everything thing else.
I may just stockpile upgrades as I can afford to and do them all at once some rainy day.
Heck, maybe I'll go as far as to order a predator, build it up on the side, put all the parts on it, and switch the engines out when done.
I mean what's another hundred on a fun hobby?

After doing some reading on Mikuni carbs, I opted to purchase a real one vs clone.

When I think Mikuni carb I always think "performance upgrade" which typically would not include a governor. I believe that nearly everyone installing one of these carbs on their bike, the governor is being removed or was never there to begin with. That would explain the lack of dicussion about a governor in your research.
Michael

When I think Mikuni carb I always think "performance upgrade" which typically would not include a governor. I believe that nearly everyone installing one of these carbs on their bike, the governor is being removed or was never there to begin with. That would explain the lack of dicussion about a governor in your research.
Michael
Thanks Mike!