Mikuni carb question

Not unless the tank is lower than the carb. They work best with gravity feed. I have had issues on a kart where the pump pressure would cause rich running

ok, good. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I plan on putting the Mikuni on a stock predator straight out of the box, because the predator carbs seem like they only have 2 throttle positions...idle, and wide open. Haha.

Are you talking about a stock preadator wit the governor? If so then something is wrong. They usually work well but you must back off the throttle arm nut a little so the arm moves freely and returns to idle on its own. I also fit a extra return spring to compensate for the twist throttle friction.

You sir would be correct. The predator will be stock with the governor for now. I'm not currently experiencing the issue, but I've rode my buddy's last couple of drift trikes that he built and the throttle seemed like when I barely twist the throttle it's almost like it's wide open.

If you unhook the governor and hook the twist grip to the throttle assy then you will have a nice smooth transistion from idle to what.
It will be in sync with the twist grip. The governor is causing the idle to wot feeling.
There are a lot of youtube vids on throttles and gov's. One used a simple trick where he took two zip ties. Clip the business end off one.
Now you slide another one through the horizontal gov spring on the top of the pull start shroud. Use the snipped off business end to limit the travel of the spring. He left about 3/8" clearance before full tight. Start with a wide gap , go for a ride and adjust gap one click at a time until you get the result you are looking for.
The zip ties limit how far that spring can stretch.

Danford1