Mini bike for hunting

4 wheelers are too big and bulky to transport and work through dense brush where the game hides. anyone using a minibike? how did you rig it up? thanks

Lots of cool bikes built for hunters, hunters here still use Tote Gotes, heck, they were designed for hunters trying to access game in Utah's rugged back country. I am working on a Brooks bike now that I think could easily be modified for hunting.

You will notice a lot of the Gotes and Gote knock-offs will have a flat area behind the seat, some people have added a second seat there, but a lot of Gotes still have this open space behind the seat, that open space was for hauling game. Never seen a Gote hauling an elk, and I think you would have to quarter it to do it, but I have seen some monster bucks strapped to the back of a Gote.

DZLBIKE

The purpose built bikes don't freewheel down hill. (Not the thing you want to do through the woods) They provide engine braking due to their clutch designs. Here is one of mine.

The purpose built bikes don't freewheel down hill. (Not the thing you want to do through the woods) They provide engine braking due to their clutch designs. Here is one of mine.

^^^^ It's designed so if the bike starts to get away from you, you can shoot out your own tire and stop yourself.......

Last edited:
A Tote Goat will be my first choice, but they are no longer made and hard to find.

I just finished the assembly of this Mini and still are working-out a few issues but my plan is to use it for hunting. I am aware that there is no space to transport the game and the gearing is not the best, but like I said, just getting started.
Something else to consider is the type of terrain you are going to hunt, where I live is flat and a lot of brush.

Happy hunting.

Good post. I just ordered an MB200 from Northertool to create a bike for hunting and bringing out game. I will post once it arrives and I start modding. My first post also.:scooter:

Eric