Mini bike gurus ID this bike

:laugh: Leave it on :thumbsup:
I figured you would be along...:biggrin:

I'm starting to get the feeling I am in the minority on here when it comes to the "clone vs flathead" debate. Seems there has been a shift in philosophy since I first joined...or maybe it's the influx of the newer, younger members.

I have never started a poll , but I think I will start one using this bike as an example. It would be interesting to see where the current membership stands on this.

I like the clone/predator for its poser and have them on a lot of my mini's but the rupp I am bulding now that is a continental frame and making it look like a electra, I am taking off the clone that is in it for mock up and replacing it with a tec hs50 painted white to look sorta like the original engines.

This is probably not the best example to use since it's incomplete. People will just say "oh it's missing the tank and the disc caliper and you'll never find them so who cares if it has a clone in it just ride it". It would be a be a better test if it was all there.

You can't tell me that motor looks good hanging out of that bike....:doah:

what is the difference between a purist and a freak in the mini bike world.............I see both sides but I lean towards Gerry cause I like the history and all that goes with it..........imho...........rock on Gerry...........im with you......

It all depends on what you are going to do with the bike. If you are going to have it in your living room and behind the velvet rope at shows for sure go all out. Put the correct motor on it and use all original parts. But for a rider anything goes. If you are going to use it as vehicle around the farm or campground go reliable. I have a limited supply of old engines.I have a pile of flatheads but most of them are newer. The few old ones I have I will be using on restorations. I am wanting to build a sidecar for one of my bikes and I will surely go with a clone there.

capguncowboy

This is probably not the best example to use since it's incomplete. People will just say "oh it's missing the tank and the disc caliper and you'll never find them so who cares if it has a clone in it just ride it". It would be a be a better test if it was all there.

You can't tell me that motor looks good hanging out of that bike....:doah:
The calipers aren't hard to find, and BWMS sells all the components to get it working properly... but you'd be out $125 by the time you're done buying everything for it. BTW, I prefer original on a classic bike like this one. For a newer bike or one that's missing EVERYTHING, do what you want

Where in TN is this bike listed? I might be interested

Last edited:
I'm starting to get the feeling I am in the minority on here when it comes to the "clone vs flathead" debate.

I have never started a poll , but I think I will start one using this bike as an example. It would be interesting to see where the current membership stands on this.

I'm pretty sure you know where I stand on this:smile:

I'm starting to get the feeling I am in the minority on here when it comes to the "clone vs flathead" debate. Seems there has been a shift in philosophy since I first joined...or maybe it's the influx of the newer, younger members.
LOL. Yep. In the minority. Don't let it sway you. You're one of the guys who gets it.