Mini Bike Kick Starter Explained, A Closer Look

It's interesting but why wouldn't someone with that much creativity and skill not rotate the starter housing so that the rope isn't at such an extreme angle coming out. :shrug:

i liked his first idea altho a bit complicated, he could use a slightly better ratio but it started the motor. folding kicker isnt hard. the whole thing could be made more compact if you put bearings on either side of the rope pully and just either side of the sprocket on the kicker side.

i am about to build one of these using leftover parts i have and working low speed bearings ive pulled out of go karts. gonna make it enclosed prolly too. its a great idea. and yeah he needs to rotate the starter housing :doah:

i am about to build one of these using leftover parts i have and working low speed bearings ive pulled out of go karts. gonna make it enclosed prolly too. its a great idea. and yeah he needs to rotate the starter housing :doah:
post it here if you dont mind.

I'm in the process of building this setup for my chopper. I needed to change the sprocket size, but kept the 3:1 ratio. Had to order a 10t 1/2"bore sprocket. I went and bought flange mount pillow blocks as they were easier to mount.
I'll be getting start soon hopefully, and of course I'll post my pics.

I'm in the process of building this setup for my chopper. I needed to change the sprocket size, but kept the 3:1 ratio. Had to order a 10t 1/2"bore sprocket. I went and bought flange mount pillow blocks as they were easier to mount.
I'll be getting start soon hopefully, and of course I'll post my pics.
excellent! i'm watching:thumbsup: