mini bikes in sand

has any one every rode a mini bike like a doodle bug or something like that with the same width in sand? I'm talking about beach stuff not hard packed stuff loose stuff. I have been in a little just on the side of the river and we have a big sand pile in the yard i can go in but it isn't like driving on the beach or sand trail. There is a place by eglen air force base where i want to ride out

My DB does good in random sand like a patch of soft stuff you may have to go through while riding by the river...the trick is to get your speed up before going into it and keeping the momentum. Stopping and starting not as easy. Helps to have a TAV on a big engine too.

My Lil Indian Back-Tracker does very well with it's baloon tires.

Spent some time in the sand with my Boonie and got sand up in the recoil, etc and caused some issues. I pretty much just fly across it and don't spend too much time in it.

Also, once on my Back-Tracker the front wheel dug into the sand at speed and sent me flying over the handlebars like superman and landed on my shoulder. Took almost a year for that to heal and not hurt anymore...

Never really tried mini's in the sand, but when I lived in Oregon, I use to ride a 200 Honda Fat Cat with Auto Clutch. I found that the bigger you are the bigger the bike has to be to push you in the Sand. In the Dunes you would want a real clutch to help get up RPM's to take off. I now live in the Midwest, and hate off roading with bikes that arn't automatic. That is why I love my Polaris Scrambler 500, it is big but easy to ride.