mini cafe racer

ok i know most people on this site are into the american made minis, i am too . . . but i also like the old hondas:thumbsup: and have been working on an old z50 soft tail for a while now, and have recently come up with a cool idea to make it a small version of what my bigger bike will someday be. . . cafe racer style

i have sketched up some ideas on how i’m going to do it, but i’m struggling with the stock z50 gas tank - my question is, does anyone know if an old sl70 tank will fit on a 50 frame - or does anyone on here have a sl70 that could give me the dimensions off of??? i’m trying to keep the flat tank look like the old honda CBs - but if anyone has another idea on a tank to use - please share :wink:

thanks alot
jeff

check out razzomoto.com they do alot of custom hondas and a cafe racer z50 would be awsome! i am doing a z50 right now myself but for off road.

thanks for the site - it has some cool stuff on there

and yes please oldsledz - when you get a chance i would appreciate some measurements. . . are those the same tanks they used on the sl's - or did they change them?

oldsledz

My 75 XL70 tank is 14 1/2 inches long and 6 1/2 inches tall. I don't know for sure if they are the same as a SL70 but I think they are.

thanks for the measurements, i might still see if i can get the stock 50 tank to work with my design... so that way you can tell what it started off being... but i may change my mind

jeep2003: kind of like that one, but i'm not doing the front faring... and mine will be a little simpler than that one - but it's still a cool looking bike :thumbsup:

thanks for the help guys