1.2 rockers
26pound springs
Suzuki locks + retainers lightweight caps
black mamba cam
billet rod billet flywheel
8 degree timing
22mm mikuni
+

ok long story short after I put the engine together I could not pull start it, it tried to start but seemed like it wasn't getting gas, put some gas into the spark plug hole and started first pull. The engine went off and reved to max rpms and wouldn't idle. I don't know if it is because I don't have a throttle cable in the mikuni yet or what ... the mikuni has a 17.5 pilot and 130 main this is probably something easy, but it's my first build. Sounds like a sick nasty engine though. I set valve lash at .003 for exhaust and intake, but could this issue be from a tight intake valve?

Last edited:
Carb Slide is in backwards.
you were right about the slide I put it in the other way and it slid all the way down and fit right (ops) lol. That means it wasn't even wot. Damn.. but would this also deprive the engine of fuel to get it started, this is what I don't understand.

Damn.. but would this also deprive the engine of fuel to get it started, this is what I don't understand.
That's correct, back before fuel injection you would have to clear a flooded engine every now and again. To do so hold at WOT and crank untill it fires. By opening the throttle all the way you reduce the signal to the carb, and the venturi pulls in very little fuel. It's pretty much the inverse of how a choke on a carb works.