Model T "Tin Lizzie"

I picked up my mini car and it was built by Mini- Kars Inc out of Kansas City Missouri in 1974.
It has a 3.5 Briggs with forward and reverse. I hope to drive it around this spring, too cold to work on it now.

tin lizzi ?

I have an old mini t that has a placard stating it was made by speedway manufacturing. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I can find nothing on the net about it other than being referred to this site which seems to be pretty cool

I have an old mini t that has a placard stating it was made by speedway manufacturing. Does this ring a bell to anyone? I can find nothing on the net about it other than being referred to this site which seems to be pretty cool
Tin Lizzie is what they refer to them as a name around here.. (Where im from)

I need parts

I picked up a mini tin lizzie a few months ago and am missing some parts. Does anybody have any parts lying around or know where I can buy new? The main piece I am missing is the pulley for the transmission so I can have revurse. Mine takes the horizontal shaft motor. Any info would be great. Thanks, Kirt

buckeye

Hey Kirt, try putting a ad in the parts wanted section. Maybe someone will see that you are looking therre. Then again someone may see it here. Just a thought. And welcome to OldMiniBikes.

If your not a Shriner yet, your gonna be! I got enuf trikes to start my own Shrine group. The locals have asked me to join there Tri Scat group a few times. I told them that I couldn't cause I'm too young.... The youngest guy is almost 60 and that's twice my age!

I picked up a mini tin lizzie a few months ago and am missing some parts. Does anybody have any parts lying around or know where I can buy new? The main piece I am missing is the pulley for the transmission so I can have revurse. Mine takes the horizontal shaft motor. Any info would be great. Thanks, Kirt
I went to the local Tactor Supply Store with the shaft measurements and found several different sizes that would fit my Model-T mini. Didn't cost that much either.

Help....need pics

attempting to restore a tin lizzie that I've been carrying around with me for years...was completely together when !st got it....took it apart to restore and too many years went by and cant figure out the left drive wheel to chassis attachment and drive trans attachment....does anybody have pics....

MINI-MATIC

Model T Firetruck

Here's a few pictures of a Model T firetruck that I picked up a few months ago.This thing cost me $750.00 plus shipping from St Louis Missouri to Mi.I have since put about $750.00 more into it.Most of the cost came from the 5 NOS Schwinn 16 x 2.125 s2 Gripper Sliks I purchased for it,these tires can go for as much as $250.00 each!!:doah:,just look on ebay!!,but this is what they originally came with and they look the best.I am currently re-wireing it for the head/tail lights and the Ooga horns.The thing looks sweet.I will have it complete by the 4th of July Parade that is local here:thumbsup:

any chance of posting a few close up pics of how the drive axle attaches to the chassis and transmission......thats where I need help in figuring out what parts I'm missing or what parts I have go where

MINI-MATIC

Trans/axle

Here is a picture,there is a enclosed trans assembly that covers the rear axle,I haven't had this apart,but,there must be an internal chain from the top where the engine belt go's to,down to the axle that must also have a sprocket on it,this is all enclosed in a straight 30 weight oil bath that is fillable near the top part of the assembly.The top part has a bearing with a shaft coming out of the assembly,this has the pully on it.One of these complete assemblies was recently on ebay:thumbsup:

Wiring Diagram ???

I'm in the process of rebuilding an old Sharps Mini-T with an electric start 5hp Briggs engine. I have no clue how the electric start, key switch, and headlight wiring should be done. :shrug: Anybody having wiring diagrams or can talk a dummie through this? :bowdown:

Awesome....identical to what I have and appears I was on the right track in this particular connection.....now I just need to figure out the left drive wheel (axle) to chassis connection

Thanks for the help

I just finished rebuilding one of the mini-t's for my grandkids. Can get very expensive if you do it right. Just joined looking for information on Hiawatha doodlebugs and came across your post. If you want my email address...look it up on the member list and I'll try to send pictures of mine and a source for parts in/near the KC area....Curt