Modifactions to predator 212cc

cant use the cam because the rpm limit but 1.3 stamped rockes and guide plate will help u can bypass tje govenor like i did look at my thread about is it safe to bypass govenor i put directions on how i did it and itl worked real well, its fast!!!!!!!!!!!

You can, won't help you a great deal. Most modifications help higher RPM, especially the springs and most cam's. Air filter and header generally help higher RPM, but they won't hurt. Rejetting will help throughout the RPM range, you can plug chop to get a close estimate for the jet. The only way to get it pretty much bang on is with expensive A/F measuring equipment.

Installing stiffer valve springs will not help you at all below 3600rpm, in fact it will hinder you. You can install the parts, if you plan to do a gov removal. However, the stiffer springs help prevent valve float which usually occurs in the 5500rpm range with stock springs. If you have stiffer springs your engine has more spring to compress every revolution and so it will hurt power slightly. More importantly, they will wear out valve train parts un neccesarily!

Increasing compression by installing a gx160 cylinder head or milled stock head, or even a thinner head gasket willl help to improve power at lower RPM, and installing a gx140 emulsion tube will help too.

IMO- Get a billet rod and a new predator flywheel, set of 18lb springs, race header and filter, and 1:1.2 stamped rockers, advance timing by 4* and you can produce a little over 10HP and 6000rpm. Then if you want to go larger get a performance cam, 26lb springs and a gx160 head, with a 22mm mikuni. Please watch out- engine modding is a disease, try not to catch it, or it can be expensive to cure. You have been warned :wink:

i think i cough the disease
i bought a air filter adapter, air filter and a jet for $40
then i am getting a header and a muffler $60
$100 right there
now im thinking of getting springs, rockers and a cam
now with Tim ISKY in is about another $90
almost $200 and that's the cheap stuff

Pit Bug

i think i cough the disease
i bought a air filter adapter, air filter and a jet for $40
then i am getting a header and a muffler $60
$100 right there
now im thinking of getting springs, rockers and a cam
now with Tim ISKY in is about another $90
almost $200 and that's the cheap stuff

I hear the rod and flywheel are the weak links, have you already done that?