Modifying my 6.5 Clone

Hey, I am thinking about starting to Modifying my 6.5 Clone. I already know i must get a Billet rod and Flywheel. I am wondering after those two things what should i get next? There is soo much stuff they have out there and i dont know what to get for the performance i want.

I am trying to get more power and speed.. Basically more speed but i need power also.

I have already removed my governor..
And i also already made a custom pipe

Please tell me some stuff i should get to meet my goal. I am not trying to spend a arm and a leg on the parts so try to show me stuff with reasonable prices.

again? ok, I'll play nice....what is your goal? how much HP are you wanting to make? What's your budget? Are you confident in completely pulling the engine apart to make all the mods that will get you to where you want to be?

Sorry about that, I know you all get this question or questions like this 100 million times..

back on topic

Yes i know how to pull apart the engine and rebuilt it. I use to work on 2 strokes. So i am pretty sure i can figure out how to rebuild a 4 stroke.

The price i am looking to spend just varies because i can save for the parts.. Cheaper the better.. But i want to feel some gains..

As far as Hp goes. I am just trying to get more power and speed from my motor.

Last edited:
More power and speed, cheap.....ok.
Since you have removed the governor, you must buy a Billet Flywheel and Rod.
Rejet to a 92 main jet
Install 18lb valve springs
advance your timing 4-8 degrees
buy a .265 cam from AGK

Last edited:
More power and speed, cheap.....ok.
Since you have removed the governor, you must buy a Billet Flywheel and Rod.
Rejet to a 92 main jet
Install 18lb valve springs
advance your timing 4-8 degrees
buy a .265 cam from AGK
Just getting those things will make a big difference? Like will it be a amazing difference or what

we race these things every weekend. the best bang for your buck is a tilly carb.
not cheap but if you want to go really fast you will need to get one. why waist time on the stock carb when you will replace it anyway.

we race these things every weekend. the best bang for your buck is a tilly carb.
not cheap but if you want to go really fast you will need to get one. why waist time on the stock carb when you will replace it anyway.
Tilly carb is nice, but will do nothing good if he doesn't have cam, bigger valve head, etc....

Tilly carb is nice, but will do nothing good if he doesn't have cam, bigger valve head, etc....
a basically stock clone (gov removed 18lbs springs,rocker arms ,flywheel with advanced key and header) runs fine and fast with a properly set up tilly. why waist your money and time buying (you will need to do this to make the stock carb run with any mods)emulsion tube,jets,filters and adapters for a stock carb that doesn't flow. you will just replace the stock carb with an adjustable tilly when you want to go faster anyhow. I race these every weekend....replace the carb and you will see the biggest seat of the pants dollar per dollar improvement. when you are ready to put in the big money for heads,valves and cams you will already have the carb you need.

yeah, I know better carbs do play a big role when you start get more heaviler mods. But i am going to probably get a flywheel and billet rod and some 18lb springs.
Then go from there.