mods

im wondering what mods to do. I built a drift trike I know its not a chopper but same motors. I have a 3.5hp briggs and Stratton motor with the carb on the gas tank. I read port and polish and shave the eyebrows but when I look more into it people say just intake or just exhaust. what do you guys think for more mid range power? also would I beable to turbo or a smog pump super charger on it??

I don't have the money to get a new motor just wanting to try some cheap mods first
Cory, any mods you do to your engine will cost more than a Harbor Freight motor with more power.

There are some threads here (search) where some Briggs 5HP engines are modified, but even with those, doing a port job by itself isn't going to do much for you.

125ccCrazy who just answered you above is an expert on modifying these engines by the way. He knows what it costs.

im wondering what mods to do. I built a drift trike I know its not a chopper but same motors. I have a 3.5hp briggs and Stratton motor with the carb on the gas tank. I read port and polish and shave the eyebrows but when I look more into it people say just intake or just exhaust. what do you guys think for more mid range power? also would I beable to turbo or a smog pump super charger on it??
As others have already advised, not much you can do with that engine and really not worth it. Really and truly, you have to be REAL careful performing the mods you have mentioned. Done incorrectly, you can screw it up and will end up with an engine with LESS performance than when you started! :eek:hmy:Specifically, with porting for example, the old adage "LESS is MORE" applies here.
Michael

my dad has 2 motors ones a 18hp briggs and stratton and the others a kohler magnum 20. i dont see anything about kohlers on the forum so what do you guys think??