more yard art

markus

so alot of my buddies have vintage boats, we go out and cruise around and I feel like the odd man out with my Carolina skiff, but of course I could care less if I hit shit with it :smile:

So we camped in Mt Dora this weekend and attended the vintage boat show that's held there every year, just makes me want a classic more than ever, if you were there, yes I was the jackass that parked a late model center console flats boat right in the middle of the show area :thefinger:. I have even posted an add trying to maybe trade My cushman for a smaller runabout vintage boat.

Perusing craigslist today and see this add for "60's vintage walkthough boat and tee-nee trailer $50" it was about 50 miles from me I call and shoot over there. I figure worst case the tee nee is worth the money. Turns out the boat really isnt that bad. Considering that during Hurricane Charley it and the small building it was housed in was launched across a field!!!! (we live right where Charley made landfall)

Wifes not too happy, I just keep saying, it was only $50! There are only a couple of gashes from the hurricane. surprisingly there are hardly any stress cracks and the transom looks better than my skiffs does :doah: The boat I believe is a '58-59 Crosby, ironically the model is "Hurricane":smile:

I'm going to attempt to pull the deck off and go from there, if it gives alot of problems I'll just go to town with the sawzall and cut it up for the garbage. the trailer was pretty good score, its actually in pretty good shape just surface rust, and it towed nice for sitting around for quite few years, I ran it up to 80 and nothing fell off on the way home :thumbsup:

If any of members in the middle of the US see any Cosby's rotting away somewhere, think of me I need some hardware parts :thumbsup:

Last edited:

den35

I'm jealous!That's a good looking boat.Doesn't look like it needs much to hit the waves again.

Awsome find!:thumbsup:

yard art

i like my 1922 harley yard art thats in my photos,maby if i get the missing parts i can get randy to put it togerteh.:thumbsup::scooter:

markus

That's a nice little boat and a darn good deal. Is it supposed to have a windshield?

yea, that got destroyed when it went flying in the hurricane:sadcrying4: By the looks of it it was a pretty clean boat Pre-Hurricane damage. I really like the design of the boat as it has the wood boat look with the walkthrough double cockpit and faux deck. But its fiberglass and looks to be built pretty open and easy to clean. So I can use it saltwater and not worry too much about it as I live about 1 mile from the bay/gulf.

I also realy like that its never been touched, alot of the vintage boats you find in FL have been repaired/repainted/ holes cut allover the place etc... they get the shit beat out of them here.

SpyGuy

Y'all should go onto weldingweb.com and check out some of the yard art they got there .....

Nice Harley, but I like this one better:

This is a "yard art" piece, and doesn't run, never has. It was all parts cobbled together from the scrap heap. Intention behind the build was to make it look like a rusted-out wreck that had been sitting out in a muddy field for a long time. Created by Hotfoot of Canyon Lake, TX.

Engine: old single cylinder air compressor
Rear wheel: drill press flywheel
Front wheel: Old bicycle
Seat: Bicycle seat, pre-rotted!
Headlight: Funnel
Taillight: Cat food tin
Frame: Garden hand tiller
Air intake on engine: Meat grinder
Shifter: lawn mower
Exhaust: part of broken Harley-Davidson exhaust system
Rear rack: 1/4" rod bent to shape
Hand levers: Bolts with weld rod "cables"
Fenders: power lawn mower "rock shields".
Handlebars: simple bends from an old metal chair.
Sprockets: air compressor flywheel and a Harley belt drive front sprocket
Tank: sheet steel bent in Harbor Freight metal brake
Paint: mostly Krylon Brown Camo, with touches of Red Oxide Primer here and there.