Motor doesn't turn over as easily

Ok, I feel like a complete dumb ass right now becaue I just put a new piston/rings in a 3hp I/C bore Briggs FH. I made sure to lube the piston and cylinder up good with 30 weight oil before intalling the piston. Now that the piston is in, when I spin the motor over by hand with the flywheel on it doesn't spin over easy enough to start it with the recoil, even though it turns over smoothly and the cylinder it unmarked and clean. :doah:

What could be the problem? and what should I do? :shrug:

Motra

Did you use a gasket on the side cover? Some people try to use a sealant instead but the engine needs the spacing that the gasket gives.

I understand that now, there's lots of little things to pick up on and learn as you do this stuff, good thing I have OldMiniBikes.

Thanks for the help Motra and Chad. :thumbsup:

Ok, that makes sense now, I always kinda wondered why some gasket kits came with a few different sidecover gaskets. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Motra

Ok I have a newbie question. Why would you need to adjust the end play of the crank? I never thought anything about it until I read this.:doah: Please enlighten me. Thanks:thumbsup:
It can cause problems if it's too loose and if it's too tight. It's best to keep it within the maunfacturers recommended specs. And not all engines have gasket options, Honda's and clones don't.