Motorcycle carb on Small engine

Hey guys, i got this motor from my grandpa 2 years ago before he passed away. It kinda sat around and i decided to mess with it a few days ago. Found out it needed a carb kit so i went and looked through my motorcycle parts. It just so happened that i had a carb that bolted up to the motor rather than slipping into a rubber boot (like most most motorcycle carbs). The bolt patter was similar but i still had to drill out the holes and file one of them to make it oblonged to fit properly. Also had to put a small piece of sheet metal in there to cover up an open spot on the carb (because the bore on the throttle body was bigger than the bore of the intake port. Turned the choke on... and it roars like a monster. Kinda wondering what kind of motor this is. It came off of a snow blower of some sort and it is 2 stroke. No numbers on anything from what i can see. The carb is off of a Lifan 100cc dirtbike. The transmission on the Lifan took a dump so i pulled all the parts off of it that would be useable :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwEA5-0wWI

There it is an all of its beastly ness. Let me know what you guys think.

delray

K T, engine is a tecumseh and most of the ones i have seen are rated at 3hp...:thumbsup:
kind of a smaller size engine,so the minibike frame would almost have to be small too make it look good on it.....:thumbsup: now you need to find a cool short aluminum go kart style or chain saw header. little engine willl sound totally different........:scooter: i have couple of them and one is still in the snowblower and has a factory clutch that uses a 35#chain to drive the augar and came with a factory round steel tank. i need to take some pictures of it someday....:doah: the whole thing could come out and go into a smaller minibike frame......:scooter:

you can see the differents in size from a hs-style block.

also you won't see this to offen on ebay. new nos engine
TECUMSEH ENGINE 1577 9317 TWO CYCLE ENGINE NEW HARD TO FIND OBSOLETE | eBay

Last edited:
Wow thanks man, i was leaning towards Tecumseh but i didnt know if they made 2 strokes or not so i wasnt sure. Cant believe theres a new one on ebay lol I plan on installing this on an old Bianchi mountain bike we have in our other garage. Thanks so much for the help man. I really appreciate it. Liking this forum already :laugh:

delray

i was looking at couple of your video you made. pretty cool to see your into the small engines stuff....:thumbsup: also your real trip to watch.....:laugh: you and your dad should make a road trip out to windber next year.....:scooter: