Motorcycle Racing Video

Here's some video I took last Monday of my supermoto pals at the new kart track in Kent, Washington. Just some clips stitched together quickly. The guy who really lays it over with his knee down (#59) is AMA pro road racer Jake Holden. Don't forget to poke the You Tube "HQ" button. You Tube really tortures the video by compressing it so much. I'd like to find something better. Has anyone tried Vimeo or other video services?

YouTube - PGP May 25

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

Pretty cool. :thumbsup: Makes me wish I had shot some video at the AHRMA event last month. Also makes me wonder how well a big, heavy XR600 like mine would fare as a SuMo bike...

Tom : Very nice video work and I didn't miss the mud or dirt at all ...LOL That pro Jake Holden sure put it out there and pure trust in the tires grip and tons of riding skill. What type of tires do they use on the asphalt track.
Thanks for the look . Steve :scooter:

...What type of tires do they use on the asphalt track.
Thanks for the look . Steve :scooter:
Most supermoto bikes use road racing slicks. They work fine on hard packed dirt. Some people do like to cut a few grooves across the surface of the tire. The ideal Supermoto track is appx 80% pavement, 20% dirt. The dirt section at this track has not been built yet. They only finished laying the pavement a few weeks ago, and they focused on getting it ready for karts.