Motovox Mini no top end power

Found a 3 month old motovox on c list for 75 bucks so I picked it up. Looks almost new but the owner said the motor just doesn't have much power. I'm weighing in at 225 and it moves with me on it but seems like there should be more. Where do I start? I changed the oil, cleaned the carb and plan on checking out the clutch over the weekend.

And you want to use an adapter plate or slot if you can. Afterward any engine more or less will fit. My kid has a 3hp briggs in hers and it pulls me fine, goes 30mph with enough room.:thumbsup:

I've got this motor laying around but don't know what it is. If anyone knows please feel free to chime in! I bought it with an old bozo bike a few months ago. If its decent I'll throw it on the motovox

Can't find any numbers on the top. I've got a similar engine thats an HS40 I believe but for some reason this one has no markings at all

Can't find any numbers on the top. I've got a similar engine thats an HS40 I believe but for some reason this one has no markings at all
That motor has been painted,those numbers should be right next to the three head bolts.You might have to sand it a little to find em.Does it have a 3/4" PTO shaft? An HS40 would be a huge step up from the 2.8 also

That shroud looks like it might of came off a vertical shaft motor,if so you wont find any markings on it.I know a few things to make them motors pull real good.:thumbsup:

I would have fixed up that Bozo bike instead of the Motovox but that's just me. Your red HS40 would work good with a few adjustment to the throttle linkage and maybe a new exhaust and air housing. Since it is already keyed and tapped it would be a lot easier to use. The green monster will need a new crankshaft or you will need to drill, tap, and maybe turn it down. (lots of work)

I still have the bozo and plan on building that. The motojunk fell over in my jeep and the brake lever shattered. I'm just going to clean the ethanol out of the carb and put it back on craigslist.