Motovox Steering bearings Size

bandit 40

I had the bearings in this motovox fall out when I was checking the slight slop in the bars. Does anyone know what the ID/OD Measurements are for this pain in the azz ? I don't have anything left to measure :doah: Thanks in advance. And I know that's what I get for owning one of these.:laugh:.

bandit 40

Well I have no luck removing the old bearing race on these forks ,and still cant figure out who sells these types of bearings. I have tried Motovox and with a couple e-mails and pm'S to them no response to where these can be purchased at. Anyone recall ever replacing these? Thanks ..

bandit 40

Can you post some photos of the bearings?
I wish there was something left to photograph :doah: they fell out in pieces. Bill this bearing is the dimensions of the original from what I could measure. My intentions were to.. I thought get original replacements that I guess not even Motovox can get.
CLEARANCE 1 R6 ZZ Ceramic Premium ABEC3 Bearing 3 8" x 7 8" x 0 281 | eBay
The big problem Im having is removing the old race. There is no edge to catch or punch out or tap on.

Most likely metric, good source for bearings is McMaster-Carr. You can pick up a descent micrometer/calipers from HF, even have a cheap plastic one for about a dollar.

bandit 40

the inner race comes off easily when you cut groove in it so that it splits
Yes I figured on using a dremel to notch it after several attempts to just pop them out :no:. And bill I most likely will use a set of calipers , Ill check out McMaster-Car Thanks. I was just hoping to swap them out I guess. :shrug:

bandit 40

Yeah, it's made for the job you're doing. And I have one of these because my son never bothered to return it to Autozone. I have never needed it. LOL.

WAY easier than cutting that race!
All over that :hammer: I will pick one up here in a bit and let you know thanks again .:thumbsup:

bandit 40

Bearing Update : Ok the Motovox and the db30 models all share the same fork neck bearings. I read in a thread where the fork bolts are the same as well so you can use one on the other ,except the DB30 bolt has a taller head so to use it on the Motovox you have to either grind it down shorter to miss the bottom of the Motovox handlebars ,or use taller risers. I Just thought I would share this. And placed my order already Thanks Again OldMiniBikes ...My daughter said the same since this is her minibike. :thumbsup: