Motovox vs doodle bug

I have bought both mini bikes new and they both have there advantage and disadvantage.For comfort in the dirt and for adults and to put a bigger motor is the Dirt bug,The Dirt bug is taller and the seat has more padding on it.When I take both on the dirt trail the Dirt bug seat absorb most of the shock threw the seat.Now as for the Motovox many say the frame looks cheep but its not,This thing is stout and I weight 180,the back frame that holds the seat is not cheap and believe me it will not bend.This Motovox rides very nice and smooth and has great steering.Your seat is lower then the Dirt bug and it feels you have more control of the bike.The handle bars you can adjust to your means which is great they remind me as my old BMX Mongoose double clamp goose neck,but you have to tighten the hell out of them so they dont move.I took off the flames stickers because it made it look cheap,I bought a 6.5 HP motor to put in the Motovox but the way the frame is design I will have to mount the gas tank else wear my be on top and I think the back of the frame will hit the air cleaner,so the 6.5 HP engine will go on the Dirt bug because of the old school style frame.Now as for both mini bikes stock side by side race with the 97cc motors the Motovox wins no problem every time and feels it has more tork,and very easy to put gas in it because the gas cap is not under the frame bar.So if both bikes had a 6.5 engine I will say Motovox for the street and smaller person and Dirt bug for the dirt and more for the adult and old school feeling,for me Dirt bug got the win but if you want a stout bike for power for your kid Motovox:scooter:

Last edited:

fonz

Very nice post Proturbo. Lots of good info!
Make sure you meet the requirements of this web site for your pics. They are probably too big in size. You will probably have to take new ones. Again, an excellent thread!
Fonz:scooter:

Here are some pictures ,see how stout the back is on the Motovox is under the seat and one picture with the new 6.5 hp engine on the Baja Dirt Bug,This motor really flys and pulls like a freight train.It was keeping up with a Honda 80 dirt bike at the dirt trails,this 6.5 HP motors are AWSOME!!!!!

Last edited:
motovox

I have bought both mini bikes new and they both have there advantage and disadvantage.For comfort in the dirt and for adults and to put a bigger motor is the Dirt bug,The Dirt bug is taller and the seat has more padding on it.When I take both on the dirt trail the Dirt bug seat absorb most of the shock threw the seat.Now as for the Motovox many say the frame looks cheep but its not,This thing is stout and I weight 180,the back frame that holds the seat is not cheap and believe me it will not bend.This Motovox rides very nice and smooth and has great steering.Your seat is lower then the Dirt bug and it feels you have more control of the bike.The handle bars you can adjust to your means which is great they remind me as my old BMX Mongoose double clamp goose neck,but you have to tighten the hell out of them so they dont move.I took off the flames stickers because it made it look cheap,I bought a 6.5 HP motor to put in the Motovox but the way the frame is design I will have to mount the gas tank else wear my be on top and I think the back of the frame will hit the air cleaner,so the 6.5 HP engine will go on the Dirt bug because of the old school style frame.Now as for both mini bikes stock side by side race with the 97cc motors the Motovox wins no problem every time and feels it has more tork,and very easy to put gas in it because the gas cap is not under the frame bar.So if both bikes had a 6.5 engine I will say Motovox for the street and smaller person and Dirt bug for the dirt and more for the adult and old school feeling,for me Dirt bug got the win but if you want a stout bike for power for your kid Motovox:scooter:
This is a great review. I was looking at the motovox for a christmas present but seen it looked a little different and small. But I think i'll buy the motovox 70 dirtbike. thanks