Mr Goat 002

WLB

I'm back to working on bikes again. My primary focus is to finish my 2014 Build Off bike, Mr Goat 002. The first photo shows were I left it at the end of the build off period. As I walked around this bike for the last few months and looked it over and thought about the processes involved in building it, I have a few things that I will do different if there is an 003.

The second photo is the plug for a fiberglass torque converter cover that will be DZUS fastened to the drive pod. From the plug I will make a female fiberglass mold and then make useable parts from that.

I painted the frame and forks Monday and really dread going to the shop to see how it turned out. There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in Rustoleum Hammered paint that I have bought this year. Not just on this project but other things I have painted this year. One can will have no hammered effect and the next will leave large hideous fisheyes, all on the same project with the same Rustoleum primer.

Last edited:

WLB

The paint job turned out better than expected. The areas that had wrinkled up all smoothed out as they dried. Got the seat, cargo area, side screens, twist grip and brake lever installed.

I welded a piece on one end of the rear axle so it is captured. Now I will only need one wrench to remove the wheel. I used eye bolts on the handlebar bolts so the tie downs won't scratch up the paint. Not sure is the 1/4 inch ones will be large enough to resist bending. If not, I'll redrill for 5/16 inch.

Now I just need to finish the torque converter cover and make spacers for the drive pod shafts and it will be ready to ride:laugh::laugh:

buckeye

You needed that down here.
Really nice meeting you and your bride.
Glad she enjoyed the beach!:thumbsup:
I have a great pic of her riding the Tote.
I can email it but haven't figured out how to download it.
Send me your email and I'll get it to ya.:thumbsup:

WLB

Thanks guys.

Buckeye, email is wlbinc@hotmail.com This one wouldn't be any better than the Tote Gote down there. Geared more like 001 for pulling power and very little top end. We don't have any place on our farms to run anywhere close to the speeds y'all were running.

jdogg, by the time I get to 005 I hope to have it figured out.

Thanks guys.

KevinN do you have a build thread on your bike?
Not yet sir, being a new guy here I thought I should wait till it's almost done. I have a couple of photos, mainly of my front end which is a trailing link design. I'm building a teardrop camping trailer and I modified the tongue to accommodate the mini bike, got to have a way around the campgrounds.

WLB

Kevin, I'm sure most would like to see pictures of your progress. Sneak a few in of your camper also:smile::smile:

WLB

I got all the spacers and collars made for the drive pod and finally rounded up everything I needed to lay the first layers of fiberglass on the plug. Did that this morning and it looks like it turned out ok. The green coloring is from the mold release showing through the fiberglass and epoxy resin. I'll let that cure and harden a few days and then add some more cloth and resin for reinforcing, let that harden, and then see if it will release from the plug.