Muskin Duster in very Good condition

Not sure if this should be in parts section?..But it looks to be in very good condition..A JC Penny Muskin Duster Chopper..Has the "Duster" sticker on front panel..seat looks after market..I really do not know?....But a very nice minibike for it's age...$250 shipped to most ???( if you live really far it may be a little more..No engine..what you see is what you get..thanks..In virginia beach zip 23462..
Thanks....

Not trying to be mean but,...........Waaaaaaaaaayyyy over priced for a roller IMO
Even if you spent $80 to ship it, Still $180 for what it is, is steep. Forks bent, alterations to foot pegs , and seat ect....not saying it cant be fixed but , I have noticed in the short time you have been here on the site it has just been to try to sell your bikes a big profit. Not cool !!

TRY EBAY :deal: Where all the suckers hang out.

Last edited:
Not trying to be mean but,...........Waaaaaaaaaayyyy over priced for a roller IMO
Even if you spent $80 to ship it, Still $180 for what it is, is steep. Forks bent, alterations to foot pegs , and seat ect....not saying it cant be fixed but , I have noticed in the short time you have been here on the site it has just been to try to sell your bikes a big profit. Not cool !!

TRY EBAY :deal: Where all the suckers hang out.
no brake caliper....:anon.sml:

Seriously, good luck on the sale minibikepilot. It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

WOW.....how do I respond...Well Instead of getting into a pissing contest I will take the high road on this one..I joined this site because I wanted to increase my knowledge of restoring minibikes and be able to bounce ideas off guys who truly know minis.
If the price is too high....then the lack of offers will decide that...I am sorry that my initial price of $250(shipped) is too high for some.
"One man's floor is another man's ceiling" and it looks like $250 is through your roof.....so march on down to JC Penny's and pick up a brand new Muskin Duster..you can find them near the left handed paper scratchers and the buckets of steam..:shrug:

:laugh:

WOW.....how do I respond...Well Instead of getting into a pissing contest I will take the high road on this one..I joined this site because I wanted to increase my knowledge of restoring minibikes and be able to bounce ideas off guys who truly know minis.
If the price is too high....then the lack of offers will decide that...I am sorry that my initial price of $250(shipped) is too high for some.
"One man's floor is another man's ceiling" and it looks like $250 is through your roof.....so march on down to JC Penny's and pick up a brand new Muskin Duster..you can find them near the left handed paper scratchers and the buckets of steam..:shrug:

:laugh:

So what are you restoring ?? All I see is someone saving on Ebay fees to try to sell junk for high prices :eek:ut:

Cats aren't really that rare, and or desirable in my eyes. The last 3 cats I have bought , I think the most I paid was $100 for a complete running bike

And $25 for this roller

Which I turned into this

And sold for $300 :shrug:
So who wants a roached out roller for $250 :no:

By the time someone paid you $250 and restored it, they would have $450 into a bike thats worth $300 tops. There has been a running Duster on my local craigslist for the past 2 years for $275 cause the guy wont budge on price, and its 5 times nicer than what you are trying to sell.

Hell minibikedude was selling a pair of Enduras for $300 (http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/complete-mini-bikes/43367-pair-cat-enduras.html)

Last edited:

:laugh:[/QUOTE

Pilot.....I'm a member of enough forums to know that this is a community where (hopefully) folks are here because they like minibikes, and the other folks that like minibikes. So naturally they look out for each other and speak out when pricing seems high. These guys have been around minis for a while and pretty much know the realistic values (not auction values). I know things like geographics, rarity and shipping do make a difference but as I learned quickly here, If your price is not appropriate they're gonna call you on it :hammer:

what can you do....I personally don't mind ebay..and the fees are just a part of doing business...It's the douchebag scammers that ruin Ebay..with the Nigerian checks and waste everybody's time...
I don't even mind someone saying wow thats too much.....But someone always gets there panties in a wad....no matter what price...
Maybe the duster hits a nerve with some and reminds them of an uncle who was overly affectionate:innocent:
So It's a price drop...$150 shipped....

so hopefully all the manapause will decrease....but probably not

what can you do....I personally don't mind ebay..and the fees are just a part of doing business...It's the douchebag scammers that ruin Ebay..with the Nigerian checks and waste everybody's time...
I don't even mind someone saying wow thats too much.....But someone always gets there panties in a wad....no matter what price...
Maybe the duster hits a nerve with some and reminds them of an uncle who was overly affectionate:innocent:
So It's a price drop...$150 shipped....

so hopefully all the manapause will decrease....but probably not

:laugh::laugh::laugh: No touched by an uncle here . Just as the previous member said , we look out for each other, and we call em as we see them.What we dont like seeing is someone buying up all the vintage mini bikes, not doing a damm thing to them and asking big prices for them. There is very little money to be made in mini bikes. I barely make my money back most of the time when I redo one and sell it. Its just a way too keep my self busy. I like bringing them back to life so they can last another 30 years. All you are doing is driving the prices up by doing what you're doing. You need to actually restore one from start to finish, and then try to sell it. You will probably think its worth $800 once you take your labor into consideration. But you will be sadly dissappointed when you find out just how much its really worth.The economy sucks ..and people just aren't spending money like they used to. $150 shipped is probably a fair price, and I am sure someone will take it off your hands. :thumbsup:

...I'll just say that I ended up buying the ARCO EZ-Rider chopper from Minibikepilot and got a great deal. By the time you subtracted the shipping and his time to box it/ship it I got the complete bike for dirt cheap....and the thing showed up on my doorstep in 3 days!!
Maybe he should start out with a lower asking price, especially for the OldMiniBikes members but he's definitely a guy you can work with.

Last edited:
:drool::drool:TRUST ME..I believe that that the older minis and motorcycles are the best when I come across one I think of how it would be great if was back up and running...Honestly my passion is in Old school dirt bikes and street bikes so i put most of my money there...I know what it's like to rip it down to bare metal and get each piece as it came from the factory....it's time consuming and expensive..but still we do it..in our garages, sheds and shops...but for me.... once the project is complete..I tend to fall outta love qiuckly and move to the next thing..so I learned early that it's better to pass it on, and really try to weed out my projects so I don't get put on an episode of " Hoarding"...
If someone wants the bike good....if not...no big deal...I just don't want to be the guy who wants to finish the project,"ONE DAY"...

and I'm not on a get rich scheme of getting 40 year old minis and selling them for huge profits one at a time..WTF!!!
....Love it..leave it..you can't take any of it with you when you go....I know when all is said in done in my life..I won't be saying, " I wish I would have....." I'll be saying, " just a little to the left honey and take out your teeth"

..forks are not bent..they look stock, just as the paint does......the seat is not..I will take better pics...

I didn't think it was too far out of line. It's a Duster, not a regualar Cat. Cats fall out of the sky here and it's rare to see a Duster. Shipping that bike with the huge bars will be high too. Leaving the bike at about $175

Looks like that front end is tweaked. The lower forks are supposed to be in a straight line from the handlebars down.

(Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery)

(http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/70_s_minibikes_009.JPG)

Once again I am not trying to beat ya up . I have bought /sold/restored over 75 mini mikes. Alot of them I never even took pics of or posted anything about them. I have a really good idea of what the bikes should go for in all the states of condition. For 150 shipped I think you will no problem selling it. We have alot of Nebies come on OldMiniBikes with a bike they found at a garage sale, and ask a bunch of questions , just to see it a week later on Ebay or Craigslist for some stupid price. They act all interested in restoring it , but are just trying to get a feel of what they can sell it for. Good luck on your sale. :thumbsup:

Yea it looks like you have an outward bend to the forks, Like someone was trying to make it more chopper like . Shouldn't be too hard to fix if ya take your time.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think the bike is worth what others will pay for sure ... I also think you are on here solely to sell your finds but to each their own ... Good luck on your sale bro :thumbsup:
I got this for free and I wouldn't think of selling it

Last edited:
:hammer::hammer::hammer:Holy Crap..Another country heard from....Geez I feel like I'm on The Oprah Winfrey show......
So Sorry that you have One stop shopping to find a vintage mini at your fingertips.....OH MY GOODNESS..Can you believe how much he want, girlfriend?????..I'm gonna tell him bout hisself.....
This is playing out like a soap opera?????
Lets see.. a Vintage minibike website..with actual vintage minibikes for sale?? not spam..Not routed to other sites??...It's so god damned horrible....He's not pure!!! He's not one of us???? :devil2::devil2::devil2: Lets cast him out..make his user name..the name we do not speak of!!!!!...
LOOK...It's a Duster in Need of some TLC...Buy it..DON'T...WHO GIVES A CRAP......!!!!! Man UP.......Cheese and Rice.....It's a freaking minibike!!!! nuff said:eek:ut: