My $100 Rupp / proof U can polish a turd

Vaxian

Here is my latest aquisition.

Bought off a local kid for $100.00
Put a different carb on her and she runs like a scalded dog.

Yes, the seat did come with batteries. :thefinger:

Planning on putting in a 1/4 racing cam, NOS, Headers, and maybe dual turbos.
She's a Racer!

View attachment 7868

You better do a lot of polishing on that turd! if fit runs good say that, dont say it looks good. polishing a turd kind off implies that you took something that looked bad and made it look good

Vaxian

Wait...

Yes, I guess I should have posted it in the projects section, intended to have it as a before and after continuing thread.

Does look terrible right now. :thumbdown:

Does run pretty well though.
Has potential.
Going to polish it over the next couple months and post more pics.

Going to put a Honda Engine on it.
Custom exhaust planned
New seat for sure, the flames GOTTA GO. :doah:

It isn't as bad as it looks, has 2 good original RUPP tires, decent engine for another project, decent frame.

Needs a rear fender, it's cracked in 2 places.
Needs lots of polishing :grind:

JustEnough

That sure is a small air filter.

The intake manifold looks like it is a block of wood, is it?

What does the tennis ball by the spark plug do? My guess is that it prevents shock when you kill the engine. I still remember some of those shocks from 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Vaxian

Intake

The intake is made from a piece of plastic and was obviously home made.
I posted a while back on how to get around the tilted carb problem on a Speedway / Rupp - this is cheap and works!

The air filter is one I bought at a local auto parts store, the original would not fit in the frame and I am kinda opposed to running my engines without one like most of the idiots out there.

Why is it that whenever I find a used engine they almost never have an air filter on them? :eek:ut:

Vaxian

That's the $&#@!

on Mythbusters, they proved that you can in fact polish a turd.
annOyed, man, THANKS! that is definately the S:censure:T!!!

If they can polish lion crap to a high lusterous sheen I should be able to take my POS Rupp and build a mighty mini racer out of it!

I'm going full on crazy on this one. :eek:ut:

125ccCrazy

the bike has very good potential, I just don't know about dual turbos, those engines wont spool one small one enough to make much difference plus you have the issue of no oil pressure to feed oil to the turbo(s).... I'd stick with a rebuild, cam, milled head, good carb and exhaust.. Just my 2 cents..

Guy in Background, dual turbos

The whole 1/4 racing cam, NOS, and dual turbo thing was meant as a joke.
I would however do it if it was actually feasible

The guy in the background is my Fatherinlaw, he's working on sanding a piece of art, he's an artist.

Thanks for the amusing and serious comments, will keep u all posted on the progress.

Vaxian

The Plot Thickens

The Beast has gotten better.

Last week I've been working on it.

5 HP Baja Motorsports Honda Clone
Welded up a custom (made by me) Exhaust, lots of weld grind weld grind :weld: :grind: :weld: :grind:

She scoots! Can bring the front end up in a heartbeat.
My new Chopper will do 40 and the Rupp is faster.

Have been working :nuke: then took a vacation :cool2:

Now I am back and 2 weeks in my new shop. Been trying to turn an art studio into a bike and go cart shop.

Will get fresh pix on soon, need to download from my camera.