My 1st project 74 Harley X-90

Hey guys just wanted to show you my rust bucket! This is my first resto so there should be a lot of bumps and bruises along the way.

Any insight will be appreciated!

Last edited:
sorry, but my magic vision isn't working so i can't see what you have. i'm sure all the other members of this board will have the same problem.

Welcome to the board. You must be ambitious because the X-90 is a tough restoration to accomplish correctly. Use the search feature on the board(start with Aermacchi or my user name). There is plenty of restoration and parts info on the sight. Just post up if you need help.
BTW, did you get a title with the bike?

This is a 73, but it is important to look at the resto quality and the price. http://www.badassproductions.com/X-90.asp
Be cautious, there are a lot of shops and individual who claim to be "experts" but I have found most of them are hacks.

Last edited:
By restore i mean that i would like it to look in great used condition, but not showroom because i want to ride the piss out of it. I love it because they are so rare and most people old or young never even knew they existed.

Judging by your bikes i will probably be leaning on you quite a bit for advice! Yours are awesome! One of the main questions will be what is junk and what can be reused?

No title, the guy i bought it from was probably the umpteenth owner.:thumbdown:

Later

Welcome to the board. You must be ambitious because the X-90 is a tough restoration to accomplish correctly. Use the search feature on the board(start with Aermacchi or my user name). There is plenty of restoration and parts info on the sight. Just post up if you need help.
BTW, did you get a title with the bike?

This is a 73, but it is important to look at the resto quality and the price. Motorcycle For Sale: 1973 Harley-Davidson / Aermacchi X-90
Be cautious, there are a lot of shops and individual who claim to be "experts" but I have found most of them are hacks.

markus

very cool project, I love the italian mini cycles! I haven't owned a Harley/aermacchi...yet, came close a couple of times. Instead I have been a glutton for punishment and bought Italian made ones that are more of a rarity then yours, but worth a hell of alot......less :doah:

it does not look hacked, just a bit unloved. How is it overall? Gotta sandblast cabinet?, if not, I suggest getting one :smile:

Get a project log going on it!!!

One of the main questions will be what is junk and what can be reused?
For a rider, anything that functions correctly can be reused. Since you are not building a showbike, parts are fairly reasonably priced. The 2 things that you need right away should be a parts book and a repair manual.

As a matter of fact

For a rider, anything that functions correctly can be reused. Since you are not building a showbike, parts are fairly reasonably priced. The 2 things that you need right away should be a parts book and a repair manual.
Mine came today from sunnymeadcycles.com along with the accessories catalog from 1974. Being born in 79 i missed the fashion of that era, but i do have to find the matching open face helmet or atleast try to replicate it.

Later