My Briggs 5 HP Manco Dingo Engine is running!! It lives again!!!!

Finally got the new Carburetor on and couldn't get the throttle response I wanted.
Then I realized I forgot a crucial element to the issue.
I replaced the fuel tank!!!
I needed to adjust the govern spring where it connects to the throttle.
So if anyone is interested here is anther video of my 5 HP Briggs.
Now mind you the Engine still needs to be tached out to 3,600 RPMs but it runs so much better now.
https://youtu.be/9eU-eIWHokM
PS. If anyone has a suggestion of a good quality Small Engine Tachometer Please let me know.
Reaper

Thank you Buckeye,
I worked many hours on this engine.
As did my brother on the machine work.
I also want to Thank The Enchanting Lady Sentinel for her input both in being a big help in ordering parts and assembly of the Briggs
Reaper

Digital Engine Tach Tachometer Hour Meter Inductive for Motorcycle Motor LS | eBay

This is the one to get as it has a replaceable battery. There's another model identical in appearance but has an internal sealed battery so when it dies, you just toss the whole thing. :eek:ut:
That is not a GOOD QUALITY tach which is what the OP asked for. The "reset" on these cheap Chinese tachs is typically 1.5-2.0 seconds, so they do not provide you real (current) time rpms. Simply stated, by the time the tach displays the rpm you could actually be significantly higher or lower rpms. A quality tach will have a reset of 0.5 seconds or less. For a good quality tach look into the "Tiny Tach" which is American made.
Michael

Harquebus

Hey thanks for the update on the quality of those tachs. I've only had them recommended to me, not told of their quality good or bad. Much thanks.

Hey thanks for the update on the quality of those tachs. I've only had them recommended to me, not told of their quality good or bad. Much thanks.
Glad to be of help. Years ago, the very first tach I purchased was like the cheap China -made one in the link that the other member posted- What a disappointment! Due to the long lag time ("reset") you never knew what rpm you were REALLY at during a given time. In addition, it was useless for any diagnostic or engine tuning procedures.
Michael