My first DB-30. Just found this forum, and can't stop surfing it!

It took me 3 months to convince the wife to let me get a DB for our kids (she works in a Pediatric trauma center). I finally got this thing home, and realized I don't know if I can share it!!!

I had no idea how fun it would be, and after finding this forum, couldn't believe how many others were in to these little things. It's been so exciting to ride! I'm totally hooked, and can't wait to find an old beat up one to wrench on and fix up. I think I have a new disease...

Attachments

welcome desert dweller.........yes sir, we call it an addiction.........make sure the wife gets one and maybe things will work out for you....:scooter::scooter:

Well I think it's safe to say I'm well on my way to being the dirtiest of DB junkies. I can't get enough of them!

I actually got her to ride and she thought it was really fun. Words I NEVER thought would be spoken. Haha! She's really adventurous, just not wild about throwing our kids on a "metal jet powered coffin" as she calls it.

Welcome , she is right , not sure how big your kids are but that DB with a Predator is way too much power for most !! You will get more don't worry:laugh:

2SlickNick

Welcome!
They are addicting. I have 3 now and the one in the middle has a detachable sidecar.
This is the place to be. I use to live out there at queen creek and power a few years ago.
That DB you have looks sick can't wait to see what else you come up with.
IMG_5618[2].JPG

Welcome , she is right , not sure how big your kids are but that DB with a Predator is way too much power for most !! You will get more don't worry:laugh:
Yeah, our oldest is 8. I've had him on it, but only with the governor dialed way back to like 6mph. My 3 year old sits in front of me with his shoes in the fork and keeps yelling "faster daddy!!!!!".

I sure hope to get another one soon so we can ride together though!

Anyone selling one in the Phoenix area???

Welcome!
I gotta ask about the color that blue Pops out at you. Any idea what it is ?
You know... I'm sorry because I don't know what color it is, or where it was done. I bought it with the new motor, clutch, cables, and throttle. The paint was as is, and I didn't even think to ask about it.

Welcome!
They are addicting. I have 3 now and the one in the middle has a detachable sidecar.
This is the place to be. I use to live out there at queen creek and power a few years ago.
That DB you have looks sick can't wait to see what else you come up with.
View attachment 71390
Ah man that's crazy! My last house was at Power and Ray, just 5 minutes away. I live next to down town Gilbert now though.

About the side car... WHERE DID YOU GET IT?????? I need one!

2SlickNick

Ah man that's crazy! My last house was at Power and Ray, just 5 minutes away. I live next to down town Gilbert now though.

About the side car... WHERE DID YOU GET IT?????? I need one!
LOl, small world with this vast forum.

I made it.
IMG_5636[1].JPG

Not trying to promote another forum but here is my build on it. Mini Bike Side Car - DIY Go Kart Forum

There are also some other guys here who built sidecars that are cool.

2SlickNick

I would toss on some safety chains in case those welds let go.
oh not a bad idea. You mean from mini bike frame to sidecar frame right (like trailer chains)? I did add 1" band of steel from drum to sidecar frame just for added safety and peace of mind.

Yes. From mini frame to sidecar frame. Better safe than sorry. I would think 2 pieces of 6" chain going from one to the other just bolted together would cost about 5 bucks or less.

Last edited:
oh not a bad idea. You mean from mini bike frame to sidecar frame right (like trailer chains)? I did add 1" band of steel from drum to sidecar frame just for added safety and peace of mind.
Just watched the video of Jax riding in the side car. What an awesome set-up you built for him! So cool to see other dads out there who really give their kids their ALL. So awesome man.