My free tractor

I found this on my way home Wednesday night with a free sign on it :thumbsup:

Well I stopped and looked at it and thought that with the vertical shaft motor I would just leave it:shrug:

But them I noticed it had a chain drive tranny on it :doah: So I looked under it and found this:thumbsup:

Well I was just going to scrap it and keep the axel:eek:ut: but I decided to see if it would start:shrug: well I hooked up the jumper cables and it cranked but I could tell no spark:doah: so I cleaned the coil and fly wheel put some gas in it(tank was empty and clean) and it fired right up:thumbsup: Runs good but not very fast:doah:I'm thinkin I'll flip the axel and put a clone on it and just use it to tear up the lawn:laugh:

Last edited:
:laugh: thats a pretty nice one. Hey, those 3 speed trannys the racing tractor guys like. I like the little fiberglass body too. 8 horse briggs flathead...

lower the driver, add taller gears, make a go kart.

Last edited:

oldfatguy

that has potential to be made into a fun toy, it would probably be perfect as it is for young kids to play with since it doesn't go too fast. With a small trailer it would be useful for yard work.

MikeBear

I've got the 8hp SEARS version of that, and it cuts grass nicely. Check your steering wheel shaft down by the coupler. It has a habit of breaking, and the whole wheel and shaft coming off in your hands...

HP that is sool kool,wax it then put in front of your house,the neabors
will think you hit the lottery! n thats what i call lawn art,but my wife
calls it someting, owell some people cant see fine art even when they see it,
your a luckey man charley brown,yours is the only one i ever seen cept for
the one in the smithonian!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:

I have to say clean it up and use it around the yard as a mini-mule, that thing is cool.

Or send it my way:shrug: please please please please please.

I have to say clean it up and use it around the yard as a mini-mule, that thing is cool.

Or send it my way:shrug: please please please please please.
I have a mini-mule and trailer already :thumbsup: make me an offer I cant refuse and pay the shipping and you can have it :thumbsup: want better or more pics just ask:thumbsup:

It looks like it would fit easily on a standard pallet but still to much to have it freighted to me.:crying:

Driving out to get it would cost me far more but would be a fun trip.

oh well maybe I'll get lucky like that around here some day.

yours is the only one i ever seen cept for
the one in the smithonian!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:
A friend of mine from high school had one of those, one day it died in his yard and there it sat......for years. I bet it's still in the same spot:doah: