My modded Doodlebug with suspension, stretch and Predator 212cc

I thought I would share my bikes current state. I have been focused on modding it rather than making it look pretty. Once I am done I will give some new paint. BTW this was a $125 craigslist find.

My list of mods include...
Predator Hemi 212cc w/under the seat header and RLV Muffler
Frame has been stretched 5 inches
Larger Carlisle Snow Hog Tires about a 1" taller
Torque Converter running a 12/60T Ratio 43mph
Front suspension Using a kit I am making to sell to others
I have a hydraulic brake but have not installed it
Not Installed RLV Extreme Chain Gold #35
Not Installed Engine mods /Black Mamba Jr Cam/Rod Std Length/Flywheel/26lb Springs/UNI Intake/Jet Kit (Bike seems fast enough!)

Things to do
Spring Loaded Chain Tensioner
Seat Suspension
New Custom Seat
Longer foot Pegs
Add front Fender Bracket
Aluminum / Stainless Torque Converter cover
New Grips!
Paint everything

The stretch has made it much easier to ride and less wheelie prone. I am 6ft@180lbs. The forks have made a night and day difference. They are a must foe us old guys! I have a bolt on top plate instead of the clamp on shown just no pics of it yet.

20792.jpeg
31338.jpeg
20151127_150528.jpg
20151127_150607.jpg
20151127_150617.jpg
20151128_081104.jpg
20151128_081115.jpg
20151128_081120.jpg

2SlickNick

Looks good. I too stretched a DB but made a trike. I too love the feel I like the stretch posture oppose to the scrunched posture. :thumbs up:

Love the spit collar idea on the triple trees! Ingenious!! Stretch looks great too!! :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words! You do very nice work. I wish the clamping part could be done cheaper. I just have not found a nice economical way to make them. I have a idea for rear suspension that bolt on so hopefully after xmas I will have time to get that made up as well.

As jdogg said , really neat idea , the only concern i see is not having the top (handlebar ) tree welded to the center tree with vertical pieces of flat bar , pipe or square tubing as to prevent fork tubes from ever being able to slip in the collar mounts , just a thought .

2SlickNick

Thank you for the kind words! You do very nice work. I wish the clamping part could be done cheaper. I just have not found a nice economical way to make them. I have a idea for rear suspension that bolt on so hopefully after xmas I will have time to get that made up as well.

What is your idea for rear suspension? I am trying to purchase a solo springer seat right now from another member to get some relief...also it would look cooler.

I am more afraid of damaging the forks then of them slipping:) The clamps clamp! I thought I maybe long bolt and spacers to run between the top plate and steering plate. I would do this to help eliminate flex but the flex is minimal. Good idea though.

What is your idea for rear suspension? I am trying to purchase a solo springer seat right now from another member to get some relief...also it would look cooler.
I will make a seat bottom that b olt th seat witn shock mounts on either side a hinge on the front. Shocks will attach to a longer axle bolt on either side. It would look old school. No welding.

I am more afraid of damaging the forks then of them slipping:) The clamps clamp! I thought I maybe long bolt and spacers to run between the top plate and steering plate. I would do this to help eliminate flex but the flex is minimal. Good idea though.
Bolts my be good , you could adjust the ride height that way !!