My New Attex Coleman Sport 5.30!

Hi Everyone:

Well I just picked-up this Attex for super cheap in the condition you see here. It even has the original tools under the seat. This bike hasn't been run in years so I bought it as-is.

Can anyone help with a copy of the manual? I'm trying to find-out about:

1. Spark Plug Type/Gap
2. Oil/Fuel Mixture & Oil Type
3. Gear Box Oil
4. Gear Shift Pattern
5. Etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just stumbled upon some very helpful info that may helpful to others:
Sachs motoren

Sachs 50 S

* Bore 38
* Stroke 44
* Output 4,5 hp (some countries 5,3 hp)
* Ignition timing 1,5-2.0 mm
* Contact breaker gap 0,35-0,45 mm
* Engine lubrication 1: 25
* Gearbox lubrication 350 cc SAE 80
* Sparkplug Bosch W 260 T1 of W 270 T16

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know the shift pattern on this thing? It's a 5-speed.

Also, the kick-starter doesn't seem to engage. Clutch hung-up? Any thoughts?

attex

Nice bike, I have one just like it. The shift pattern is 2 down 3 up. I love this little bike. It starts of the first kick and runs awesome. Good luck with it.....Mike

Alright another great Coleman 5.30 find . Nice bike looks in great shape , you will have a lot of fun with the bike

I have a few of the Coleman 5.30 and 2.40 bikes , they are a lot of fun .The info I have found states that Attex made these for Coleman in 1971 and Attex 5.30 was the name in 1972 I have both models and and I have some from the factory with Attex on one side of the tank and Coleman on the other side of the tank . I stretched one street legal 1971 Coleman 5.30 three inches and put a Lifan 125cc 4 speed clone in it and ride it all the time although it gets a little spooky over 60 mph on the four lane . When I putt through towns the kids will yell I want your bike or I want a ride , I honk my ahooga horn giggle like a school girl and keep on riding down the street .

Last edited:
Do u still have any of the bikes?

Alright another great Coleman 5.30 find . Nice bike looks in great shape , you will have a lot of fun with the bike

I have a few of the Coleman 5.30 and 2.40 bikes , they are a lot of fun .The info I have found states that Attex made these for Coleman in 1971 and Attex 5.30 was the name in 1972 I have both models and and I have some from the factory with Attex on one side of the tank and Coleman on the other side of the tank . I stretched one street legal 1971 Coleman 5.30 three inches and put a Lifan 125cc 4 speed clone in it and ride it all the time although it gets a little spooky over 60 mph on the four lane . When I putt through towns the kids will yell I want your bike or I want a ride , I honk my ahooga horn giggle like a school girl and keep on riding down the street .