My restored Cat

Finished picture of the Cat I just did over.I bought this new in early 69,I remember snow was still on the ground and I couldn't ride it.I used the 2-1/2 horse Tecumseh it came with.I used BSA kickstarter rubbers for the footpegs.Seat is original foam,plywood,with a new cover.

Attachments

45t

Very nice. Looks like the 69 I just finished. I also used the BSA rubbers for mine. Is your clutch cover original or is it a fiberglass one? I'd like to see how its mounted, I've been trying to figure out how to make brackets for mine.

My clutch cover is the one that came with the bike when it was new.The original cheezo strap brackets didn't last at all.Somebody posted a couple of pictures of theirs but my side cover has some odd bosses and I couldn't copy theirs.So I just made my own.The front one mounts to a hole in the side cover like the original did,but I made the rear one up to mount on the engine mounting bolt.They will never break like the originals did,but it is kind of overkill.I have ridden the bike almost 2000 feet now since I finished it and will probably never ride it again.I rode it out to the end of my driveway and back,it's a dirt road,and I think my eyeballs swapped holes.As a kid I rode that thing hundreds of miles in the field I'm living in now.

Nice job :thumbsup: I know those no suspention bikes are killer on the spine. and im only 26 :laugh: maby you can get another one with suspention for a rider :smile: