Need Help Finding Parts For My Motorized Cart

Hymn

Hello everyone, I was referred to this site to ask questions on finding appropriate parts for my application.

I'm building a motorized cart. It's going to be propelled by two motors, and the sprockets I currently have fitted to these motors are for #35 chains. I could easily switch to #40 or #50, but I'm starting with #35. I want the cart to be able to move forwards and backwards, so I'm planning to use four fixed-gear bicycle wheels for my cart.

I want to mount an appropriate sprocket to these wheels so that I can set up a chain between a motor and a wheel. So far I've seen Sprocket Clamps and Sprocket Adapters that look like they'll be able to attach a sprocket to a bike wheel, but so far I haven't found a #35, #40, or #50 sprocket that is advertised as compatible with the Sprocket Clamps or Sprocket Adapters.

Can anyone recommend some parts for this? Right now I'm most interested in the parts to attach the sprocket to the bike wheel, and the sprocket itself, but I'm open to any suggestions people may have.

I really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

something like this? DSC06064.JPG DSC06068.JPG

Maybe something like parts for one of those Chinese motor kits that attach to bicycles would work. Look on ebay for those. You could also buy a blank #35 sprocket and drill your own holes if you can find the proper clamp.

s-l1600.jpg

here is the chinese bicycle engine kit parts for the wheel. about 15 bucks each for one of these. Use the sprocket on the kit as a template for drilling your own holes in a #35 sprocket.....????

Hymn

something like this? View attachment 80986 View attachment 80987

Maybe something like parts for one of those Chinese motor kits that attach to bicycles would work. Look on ebay for those. You could also buy a blank #35 sprocket and drill your own holes if you can find the proper clamp.
Yeah, that's more or less what we're imagining. We just need to get it in #35. Taking a machinable plate sprocket and drilling holes ourselves could work; we'd just rather find something that already exists if we can.

Still, I'll probably try that and see if it works out. Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Also I think I've seen that kit on BikeBerry, it's a BBR Tuning Sprocket Adapter Assembly. I'd post a link but apparently I'm forbidden from doing that.

here is the chinese bicycle engine kit parts for the wheel. about 15 bucks each for one of these. Use the sprocket on the kit as a template for drilling your own holes in a #35 sprocket.....????
I think I saw that on BikeBerry too, as a Spocket Clamp Assembly? I had my eye on this assembly but I've been having a hard time finding something compatible. Besides machining something myself at least.

Hymn

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Some things they just don't sell and you have to be creative I guess.
Don't sweat it, I appreciate it all the same.

I might try looking into the electric bicycles and see if there's something I can modify to accept a #35 sprocket, or a 40 or 50.

Hymn

So, a question for people still looking in on this topic (and thank you if you are).

If I attached a sprocket to the spokes of a bike wheel, as shown in the pictures above or in this video:

[video=youtube;Rsu9tMOpgPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsu9tMOpgPg[/video]

Would I be able to drive the bike wheel both forwards and backwards? My motors can clockwise and counterclockwise with equal ease, but I'm not familiar with how bike wheels work. It seems to me that as long as I have a motor capable of turning the sprocket attached to the wheel clockwise or counterclockwise, it should work, unless something in the bike wheel would stop this.

Hymn

Great! I was pretty sure it would work that way, but it's good to have confirmation. Thank you!

That should make it much easier to find a mountain bike wheel and drive sprocket combination. Although if anyone has any combinations that they've used before, I would be glad to hear them.

Also, apparently there are forbidden words on this forum? This post got blocked for a while as I tried to figure out what it didn't like. Wasn't even a swear or anything, and when I replaced it with 'Great!' everything was fine. That seems like an odd filter, and I didn't see anything about that in the FAQs. Anyone know what's up with that?