Need help ID'ing two frames

My friend recently picked up a go-kart for his son and then a mini-bike for himself. I decided it was time to pull the mini-bike out of my garage attic and get it running. I've attached a pic of our two frames. Can anyone ID them?

His is the purple frame. Its mostly square tubing, but oddly enough it has a serial number stamped into it so it doesn't seem to be home built (even though everything else about the frame suggests it).

Mine is the white one. It looks like a very common design, but I love the looks of it. It looks like it may be a Penney's frame? I just picked up a 5hp briggs to go on it.

Never seen anything like the blue one, at least that small.

The white one is an old Manco "pathfinder" model 250. I have two of them and they are really cool bikes, not so common either. It took a long time for us to ID the bike (before ad) but a few popped up here since. You have the same rear mounts which is kinda rare, most have a big chink of metal.

Last edited:
Heres the other one I have.

Lots of room for engines on this bike but they came with a 3.5 Tecumseh and had a band brake on the clutch.

Well thanks for the help! I'm not necessarily going to restore it, but I'm not going to change the structure of it, so it will still be recognizable.

I am curious, have those foot pegs ever killed someone? HAHA My buddy (Ben) has collapsible pegs on his and I was thinking about getting some for mine. Either that, or cutting that bar off and welding one more forward and higher on the frame, to keep them from digging in and tossing me. Any thoughts?

Dose the purple one have a live rear axle and pillow blocks looks good and strong might be someones handy work lot of talanted people out there :thumbsup:

Yes it does have a live axle. Is that stronger?

It sure looks home built, except for the fact that it has a serial number on it. Of course it could have been put there by the builder.

I'd say not necessairly because with the other style the axle bolt holds the rear frame together keeping it from spreading out. but i don't think that frame will spread out being made out of square tubing looks well put together. I don't if you could search for bikes made with square tubing, but it's obvious that the forks and all were made by the same person or company . The serial nunber suggests there are more than one out there.:scooter: