Need help on 6.5hp clone modifications!

1. I removed the governor & plugged the hole
2. I set up my own throttle linkage
3. Just ordere 18lb valve springs
4. Also ordered a straight header

Now what new mods or parts can be done?
I was thinking new billet push rods but couldnt find any... Any help?
I dont want to buy an aluminum flywheel, too much $
Should i cut every other flywheel cooling fins to reduce drag?
Any reccomendations would be helpful!

Ooooooo someone didn't read the thread at the top that says PLEASE READ.

If you remove the govoner it is required that you use a billet con rod and a billet flywheel, or we can't talk to you. It is for your safety.

Welcome by the way. :thumbsup:

1. I removed the governor & plugged the hole
2. I set up my own throttle linkage
3. Just ordere 18lb valve springs
4. Also ordered a straight header

Now what new mods or parts can be done?
I was thinking new billet push rods but couldnt find any... Any help?
I dont want to buy an aluminum flywheel, too much $
Should i cut every other flywheel cooling fins to reduce drag?
Any reccomendations would be helpful!
"ANY recommendations would be helpful!" (emphasis added)
Get you priorities right (see replies above), quit trying to go cheap, and buy a freaking billet rod and flywheel!
Michael

what the hell is a billet push rod? you messin with our minds?
I was guessing maybe moly push rods, but I think this is a little backwards

What do you wish to gain by getting better push rods? Absolutely no performance value that's for sure. Now... A billet fly wheel, that will make a much bigger difference.

1st of all, I meant billet connecting rod, 2nd of all when I have enough money I will buy a billet flywheel. But before all of your smart remarks how about you show me a motor with a STOCK carburetor that exploded due to flywheel failure. Every proof of an exploded flywheel has a high flow upgraded carb.. Im not saying its garaunteed nothing will happen.. Im just letting all of you know the chances of an exploding flywheel with governor removal and STOCK carburetor are very slim... And i did not view the new OldMiniBikes post before i made this thread I apologize.

It's cool! Once and awhile newbies come and are bored thinking they want to have fun messing around. Post some pics and get a project log going. Jump in and you will learn a lot.

"I'm just letting you know the chances of an exploding flywheel with governor removal and STOCK carburetor are very slim.":eek:ut:

You seem to have it all worked out- then why on earth are you soliciting OUR opinions?!:laugh: Drop the attitude and grow a pair, and you will be amazed at the knowledge of the members on this forum and their willingness and kindness to help others. You will find that being a bit more humble and courteous will go along way on this forum...
Michael

Last edited:
I agree, and i never doubted the knowledge of the members here. But do I need 5 people in a row stating i need an aluminum flywheel and quoting " Can I laugh now " and calling me " cheap "? I appreciate the feedback but I got the point after the first post.. Im a kid Icant just make 100$ appear but i am saving up for a flywheel now. I am not afraid of it exploding, i had already made a 1/2" thick blast shield just in case anway.. Safety precautions never hurt. But now with the new rule here yes i will invest in a flywheel.. I apologize for my attitude but i didnt need the smart remarks all over my thread. Now all arguing aside, id still like advice and tips from you guys because your opinion does matter.. I trust the info I recieve here which is why I posted here

Higher flowing air filter kit, with re jetting about $40 for the air filter and adapter and about $4 for a #90 jet. Then machining the head down about .050 for more compression.

Not 100% sure but after the rod, flywheel, springs, air filter and header, comes a different carb then cam and valve train stuff.

And I apologize for smartalec remarks.

I was planning on the air filter kit, and ive hear alot about rejetting carb but thats one of the things i dont understand... How do you do this& what exactly am i doing? I suppose ill do a search now but also where can i buy the #90 jet?

The steel billet from arc is a option. There are some for sale on the classified on this forum I think. $50? There is also a new cast aluminum flywheel design avail. Both are Box Stock approved. May I dare say a Genuine Honda flywheel will be a vast improvement over clone.