Need pics of big block Heat/Warriors

I have a Baja Heat/Warrior and just purchased a 11hp clone and clutch for it. I know the swap has been done before, but I'm having a hard time finding pictures showing how the motor is mounted and what sprocket setup is being used.

The clutch I got has a 17t sprocket on it, and I'd like to keep the stock jackshaft for now, but I also really don't want the motor to sit way off center either. I'm curious to see what other people have done to get theirs to fit.

Also please mention your gearing and how you like the acceleration/speed of it so I can get some ideas for my gearing.

Thanks
Dave

fonz

Good luck with that one! I've seen a video on you tube of a guy that did it. Of course you will have to throw away the stock air in take and exhaust. Then you're gonna have a nice leg burner exhaust header out the side cause there's no room to run it down the inside of the frame. Good luck to you though. I hope you figure a way to do it, and I'll be anxious to see your super ride!

I decided to put the big block in a doodle bug for a drag bike, which was quite an adventure.

I'm still thinking of putting it in my big bike though for off-road use.

I tell you though, if you have a big block, get the crank turned down to 3/4" so you can use a common clutch setup. The 1" shaft clutches are junk unless you spend big bucks.

That's the clutch I ran/run on my big block doodlebug drag bike. You can walk faster than that bike accelerates. The clutch sucks, it just doesn't grab at all.

Great, that was my cheap solution to get this thing going. Now I'm going to have to rethink this, if I'm going to send much more perhaps I should go with a torque converter setup.

The torque converter would be great...sounds like the only other option other then turning that crank down!:thumbsup: I will be faster then with just the sprocket anyway. This would be a better overal setup. I might do this on my mini bike one day.