Need with make and model

capguncowboy

Ouch, someone ruined a set of gilson bars :(

Those are really comfortable riding bikes. Parts are getting harder and harder to find though

Any pics of what the original bars looked like, the long tubes are just sitting there not welded in and I never seen the original design?

I'd 86 those china wheels while I was throwing stuff away, the bike will accept many different wheels and can be braked easily as well. I have a Gilson and am going to try to get another in the next few days. Seems silly when I have over 20 machines total but I got it bad. I can't even ride a two wheeler right now due to balance issues from a stroke but I'm buying more so when I can I'll have my projects to busy me and to ride.:thumbsup:

Trust me the china wheels are gone, they came to me that way, I have been trying to bring them back to original but I can't believe how expensive things are! For example to get a rear wheel for a baja racer complete rim, rotor, brake disc and tire 200. Plus from baja ouch....

capguncowboy

There is a Gilson Wheel on Ebay right now for $75 + shipping. It looks like it's in good condition. There were a set of forks on there the other day. I also have an original speaker tail light. If you're interested, just let me know via PM.

Your bike is missing a lot of parts, but the frame looks like it's in nice shape (aside from the bars). Without having the badges on the bike, it would be difficult to know whether it was a two speed or a TC set up. If you wanted to go two-speed, you could order the Comet set-up from BlackWidowMotorsports.net for about $150 shipped. You'll need the longer jackshaft though.

I have a nearly complete Gilson that I'd be happy to take some pictures of if you need some for reference. Mine is only missing the exhaust. Everything else is there