needing heald trike help

Hello, I am new hear. Recently picked up a heald tri-sport/ trike. It had no motor so I put a 8hp Briggs and Stratton on it. Spike with Ron Hubbard, he sent me the correct belt, put it on, started it up and it took of without me. I didn't realize the hydraulic brakes don't work. Afyer looking at the brake pump system, I noticed the rubber boohot is torn. Does this need to be intact to operate correctly? There is no leakes that ive noticed. How do I bleed the brakes?. Thanks Richard

Welcome pirate : As you will find out this web site runs on pictures and information in about a 50% of each. The has been a lot of different parts used throughout the years past. When you mention a brake pump system I think you must be referring to the handlebar master cylinder, Is that correct ? So pictures of what you have from the unit and the brake parts would sure help.
Steve :scooter:

I had hydraulic brake problems with my Super Tryke too . I called Ron and he helped me with the parts I needed and how he bled the brake system . He built new hydraulic brake hoses and supplied rebuild kits for the calipers . My master cylinder was good .
Power Tech Ron Kimball phone number .
269-925-2450