New Fox Minibike Project

jManL16

Just picked this up a couple days ago, it's some sort of Fox I believe. Plan is as follows:

- Break down to frame components
- Rattle can paint job; going with Navy blue with silver accents
- New nuts and bolts everywhere
- HF 212cc engine
- Max torque clutch
- Clutch/Band break
- New rear tire
- New seat, but don't know where to get one
- Ride

IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2049.JPG

jManL16

I think I might just keep the frame as is, those braces are certainly unneeded and not the best looking, but hey, there's something for keeping it as original as possible right? (and less work of course)

Made some progress tonight. Frame disassembled and new nuts and bolts bought. Tomorrow the long process of cleaning, sanding, and then more cleaning starts.

Attachments

Did the first round of cleaning today, lots of grease and debris everywhere but it's cleaning up nicely.

I will probably leave the frame as it is, I think it'd just be more work than it's worth.

Frame and various parts are degreased, sanded, and cleaned. Primer is next. I also have the new throttle assembly and brake assembly in hand. Engine comes Tuesday!

I also removed my bearings today and bought new ones online (boy was that a pain though...). I've now realized though that my sprocket is apparently welded to the rear wheel as the picture shows. Does anyone have any idea where to buy a replacement?

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:
Cleaning, sanding, and 3 coats of rattle can paint done! Waiting for a few more parts (chain, bearing, etc) and then I'll start the assembly process! IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2072.JPG

After a lot of work, some blood, a lot of sweat, but thankfully no tears, the bike is done! Very happy with the way it turned out. Everything is basically new, except for the seat. I also tried to put on a carlisle turf saver in the back, but the tire was much wider and almost touched the sprocket, so the chain wasn't even close to fitting. I'll have to redo the rear wheel assembly in the future, but for now, the old tire is working nicely (i redid the wheel so the bead was nice and smooth).

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2084.JPG

Are you wanting a street tire? I love my Carlisle snow hogs. They're knobby, but they should fit. I've got a boat load of 5" racing slicks that are lightly used. If you've got 5" wheels, I'll send you a set for the price of shipping and PayPal fees. They're quite a bit smaller in diameter. You did a nice job with the mini. Have you had any chips in the paint yet? I used a nice self-etching primer, but my rattle can paint chipped easily.