New guy from Maryland

Looks like a great site. Got this from a friend this week, cut it out of the weeds behind his garage. I think it's a Cat 400, but.....
I'm into hotrods and cycles, going to finish this for the kids to ride, who knows, maybe we'll hunt down a couple more when it's done. Thanks.

Attachments

markus

Cool find, its actually a JC penney's sold bike called a Duster MX, Its basically a 400 though with spring forks

Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Cool mini bike you got there. Welcome to the forum 345window. :thumbsup:
It's nice to see a fellow Marylander. I'm in Southern St. Mary's County an hour south of Waldorf. Where in Md. are you? BTW, I dig the old Yellow coup. I'd love to build me an old Hot Rod sometime.

Shawn

Cool mini bike you got there. Welcome to the forum 345window. :thumbsup:
It's nice to see a fellow Marylander. I'm in Southern St. Mary's County an hour south of Waldorf. Where in Md. are you? BTW, I dig the old Yellow coup. I'd love to build me an old Hot Rod sometime.

Shawn[/QUOTE

Thanks for the welcome... thanks for the proper ID too! I registered here to learn and it's working already.
Shawn, I'm across the Bay on Kent Island. I've had the coupe for many years, lots of fun. GET ONE! lol

Thanks for the welcome... thanks for the proper ID too! I registered here to learn and it's working already.
Shawn, I'm across the Bay on Kent Island. I've had the coupe for many years, lots of fun. GET ONE! lol
Kent Island is a really nice place. I have family that lived there and in Easter Shore. I haven't had a chance to visit there but I've been near it on 50 going over the Bay bridge heading to Ocean City.

Are there any good places to ride mini bikes on the island? I tried to find a place around here to organize a yearly Mini Bike / Go Kart event with no luck. It was either way too expensive or the property was owned by the County / State and didn't allow the use of any motorized vehicles.

Shawn

Kent Island is a really nice place. I have family that lived there and in Easter Shore. I haven't had a chance to visit there but I've been near it on 50 going over the Bay bridge heading to Ocean City.

Are there any good places to ride mini bikes on the island? I tried to find a place around here to organize a yearly Mini Bike / Go Kart event with no luck. It was either way too expensive or the property was owned by the County / State and didn't allow the use of any motorized vehicles.

Shawn
Actually everything around here is private. There isn't anything organized that I know of.

Actually everything around here is private. There isn't anything organized that I know of.
I've recently been in contact with the president of one of the local classic car clubs and he expressed interest in incorporating vintage mini bikes, go karts and trikes into one of the big yearly shows with trophies given to the top 3 or 5 best in show for each category Mini, kart and trike as well as a possible cruise with the cars. He said he would talk to the other club members about it and let me know
I'll let you know if what what happens.

Shawn