New Guy here, already have projects in hand

Hello everyone! A month ago I bought a Kinroad gy6 150 'roller' off Craig's List & a week ago, a Baja Heat from Craig's list. The Kinroad buggy has a bad transmission(previous owner broke it, trying to fix a bad bearing at the FNR gearbox shaft) & the Baja already has a Hemi Predator replacement installed, the Baja was running when I went to pick it up(was told it didn't run).

I just completed a torque converter installation & am amazed at the difference between it & the older Hilliard clutch which chattered like mad at anything less than 50% throttle. Not good for riding in the woods or up hills. It's now scary fast for this old man, I believe it outruns the brakes & handling.

Anyway, I can't leave anything alone, whether a car/truck, gun or machine, I have to tinker with it & make it perform better. I already have a spare Hemi Predator 212 waiting for whatever comes along, it probably will be built up before it is ever fired up.

I look forward to picking the brains here & sharing what I learn along the way.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Not real familiar with the GY6 stuff on two or four wheels but the Baja stuff is the best for guilt free modifications and parts availability, I've only ever had one Warrior which is the same basic bike as the heat and several Doodlebugs. Vintage stuff is great and I have a bunch but I'd be very happy to find another Warrior or a few more Doodlebugs, I sold them all except my Daughter's "LadyBug" which I am still making better every year and this year it will get a 79cc Predator to replace the tired Briggs which we love but it fouls plugs now. I'm also looking for her a Yerf Dog to drive around, she's ready for one but they are scarce right now around here. Should I find a Warrior or Heat I have a nice 5hp briggs with aftermarket carb and intake, the TAV will fit really well and I like to go against the grain so the briggs is perfect.