New guy with dreams of a Tote Gote replica.

Howdy all. I am Jim from Arizona. 60 year old guy with a few metal and wrench skills. As a pup I had a Tote Gote and remember going everywhere with it. I keep thinking I need a new version for general trail riding and maybe dragging a deer or elk back to camp. Some would say a quad would be an answer, but between towing a trailer, a quad would be hard to carry. A small Tote Gote type bike I could throw in the trailer or in the burb would be useful. But I see none out there to buy, so building a 6-13 hp adult mini bike, with a torque converter, jack shaft, fat heavy ply tires and couple heavy duty racks would be hunters tool. And if you could keep the weight down to under a couple hundred lbs so a mere mortal could load it and keep the cost under a thousand bucks. Sound doable? Looks like I will need to make a frame, forks, etc. I did a search here and have seen a lot of great ideas, but nothing on a hunting beast like I am seeing. Did I miss it?
Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or even smart ass comments!

Why just limit yourself to a "replica"? Why not get the real thing? Used Tote Gotes ARE out there for sale. Place a wanted ad (scroll down on the home page of this forum). There are members here that most likely have exactly what you want and are willing to sell it to you.
Michael

KB2ROCKET

We are sort of in the same catagorys I'm 55 and I am interested in a utility bike like a tote goat so I thought I would buy a new 2x2 Rokon but they are very expensive so I am in the beginning stages of building my own version of the rokon ... I call mine the ox

I been watching the local Craigslist ads, but nothing so far, but one really poor shape one for $750. Not sure what I should pay, but thought that was a bit much for something that needed everything. I even thought of one of the Honda clone motors, Lifan 120cc 4 speed. By the time I buy a motor, TC, and jack shaft, these would be about same price and a lot lighter. Not sure of the quality tho. Trying to find a decent motorcycle engine is tuff to do. Need a title or dismantling permit to be legal. With fat tires I was thinking suspension might not be needed. But a leading link type front fork would not be too hard to fab. But more weight. Trying to make it where an old fart can load it by himself.

"We are sort of in the same catagorys I'm 55 and I am interested in a utility bike like a tote goat so I thought I would buy a new 2x2 Rokon but they are very expensive so I am in the beginning stages of building my own version of the rokon ... I call mine the ox "
You going for the 2 wheel drive also? If so, how?

Last edited: