New GX200 install. Lanyard Kill Switch??

I just completed a few evenings installing a new GX200 on an 2006-7 Orange doodle bug from pep Boys. The old 97 went through 2 cars and horrible reliability on that choke.

The new 200 installs easy with a mount kit from Brad at Hot Rod Mini Bikes. He helped with on call for some advice. Parts shipped out fast.

I weigh 185 and this thing, with new cluth from kit rips the yard up. We have a small hill on back side of a one acre lot. Almost too much for me. I am a little concerned about the 14 YO, weighing in at 105.

I need to find a speed/rev limiting throttle for my 9 year old.

Great motor and great kit from Hot Rod Mini Bikes.

Anyone got any concerns or suggestions about heat shields from the exhaust?

Anyone ever use a lanyard kill switch like on jet skis?

I instilled fear in my son, almost too much. He made a few at idle runs where he could claim he rose it. I always drove the point home to never just twist the throttle back hard. Gradually add power. He has pushed it where the front tire lifted. He thought it was cool. I said you almost lost it. Respect the power.

You can screw in the throttle stop screw to slow it down.

OldMiniBikes warehouse sells a nice pipe that exits the rear and it hugs the motor pretty good. My old pipe needed heat tape. I haven't added if yet to the new pipe.

The lanyard would only kill it after a wipe out. In my opinion that would be caring more about the bike than the rider.

joekd

The bike should always return to idle and stop moving as soon as the throttle is released (or rider fell off) so riding while wearing a lanyard seems like overkill to me

I found the throttle stop screw

Slowed things down nice and also made it faster for me when I wanted it.

No matter how you slow it down, you can't stop the great torque on initial acceleration.

great motor and bike.

I put a thumb throttle on mine, after several times getting tossed off, or nearly so. Got it for 10 bucks on ebay. Makes all the difference in the world riding on rough stuff. And it has a built in throttle stop adjustment at the bar. Just makes it so much more comfortable and safe to ride, plus you can use whatever grips you like.