New Kid from Scottsdale Arizona!

Hey,
I’m a new kid on the block from Scottsdale Arizona. I started riding a Taco when I was 5 years old & moved to a Z-50 shortly after. I have spent the last 30+ years screwing with Harleys. I have experience in most every aspect except for upholstery.

I ran across this site looking for information about a folding Argyle Scooter Cub I want to restore. I also recently acquired (from the second owner) a very original Gemini SST with the stock 2.5HP Tecumseh. My next purchase was a clean Lil” Indian with a 3.5HP Tecumseh.

I will be bugging all of you with questions. I know nothing about these engines & I will require your expertise & guidance. However I will also help anyone in any way I can.

The Argyle engine needs to be freshened up as I have not started it for 25+ years. I also will be building a little hot rod pit bike to ride around at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I have a new-in-box Briggs 5.5HP INTEK I/C 206 OHV engine. If performance parts are not available for this engine I will go a different direction. I will most likely build a frame, unless I can find a TACO or something interesting. I think I want to stick with gas but that too could change.

Thank you for allowing me to become a part of your forum.

i've spent the last 8 years working at a Harley dealership. :doah:

i'd get a Honda clone instead of messing with the Briggs if you want to built a little badass. there's lots of aftermarket parts available for them.

i've spent the last 8 years working at a Harley dealership. :doah:

i'd get a Honda clone instead of messing with the Briggs if you want to built a little badass. there's lots of aftermarket parts available for them.
The Briggs was free from a friend. He told me it was a GX200, then a GX160. I said I didnt care to gust ship it. However a INTEK is not a Honda. I have been looking at all the clone upgrades, but I love the look of a Flathead. I guess it’s somewhat like a Harley, the nostalgic look of an old engine is incredible, but performance & reliability sometimes suffer. Thank you